Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

jupiter 11a and canon 400d
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:29 pm    Post subject: jupiter 11a and canon 400d Reply with quote

I picked up the lens for 5 euro a couple of weeks ago at a flea market, looked quite battered but i have been happy with some of the shots from it. Somtimes i think it is focussed but it doesn't come out right, there is no manual switch on it, anyway of sorting this? Comments on the pic very welcome.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 6:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is a preset lens adjust the aperture with the aperture ring if you push down and twist at the front you can preset to say f8 and it will lock it there open lens then focus twist to close and it stops at f8
The 11a is one very fine lens love mine so much i have 2

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 8:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ger: It looks ok to me?

There's 2 rings, one for the aperture and one for the aperture stop. Predets are great when you get used to them.

PostPosted: Wed Jul 11, 2012 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks martin .Yeah I think this one looks ok. maybe the lens is broken or somthing at the aperture, i have only a small number of lenses but they all click when you move an fstop, this lens just moves smoothly through the aperture stops same as if you were focussing. I don't think its broken because when you do it you can see the blades open in the correct ratio it seems to me.

Hey eddie, i don't think it works on my lens, like i said above the aperture ring just seems to move smoothly, have tried pressing down, no good.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

maxcastle wrote:
have tried pressing down, no good.

Have you tried pulling up? Smile
It's one of the two.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I say, steady on! Wink
just tried it, success! Thanks guys/Gals.

Last edited by maxcastle on Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:49 am; edited 1 time in total

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

maxcastle wrote:
I say, steady on! Wink
lmao Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 10:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wink Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 6:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Preset lenses don't have clickstops.

PostPosted: Thu Jul 12, 2012 9:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

AH Smile