Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

135mm multicoated takumar on canon 400d
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 7:32 pm    Post subject: 135mm multicoated takumar on canon 400d Reply with quote

This is the first pic I have taken with the adapter martinsmith99 so generously donated to me. my cat Garcia aka the red baron!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A bit on the soft side. Did you used the widest aperture? Maybe try closing it a bit more the next time. Also you could try boosting contrast a bit.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Spot on CA, i had it wide open, i need to figure out a way to keep the pin of the lens in otherwise i believe it will always stay wide open, thanks for taking the time to look and for the comments.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

You should have the auto/manual switch on the lens set to manual.
That lens can be really sharp, if you stop it down a little.

Beautiful cat!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

maxcastle wrote:
Spot on CA, i had it wide open, i need to figure out a way to keep the pin of the lens in otherwise i believe it will always stay wide open, thanks for taking the time to look and for the comments.

Easy - slide the A-M switch to Manual (so that M is showing). Your switch might be locked - with S-M-C and SMC lenses the A-M switch is locked until the lens is mounted on a camera or adapter, which pushes in a tiny release pin on the mount (not the bigger diaphragm pin).

The picture is OK I think except that the focus is better on the cat's ears than its eyes. The very shallow depth of field with the lens wide open makes this critical and difficult to get perfectly. But otherwise at wide open the lens performs very well indeed - no glow or CA. Nice cat by the way - and that's a huge compliment coming from me because I prefer dogs! Smile

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing This looks like my place -- Orange Cat, solar panel, forest greenery. Would that be Jerry Garcia? He was born a Leo...

Beautiful cat -- the eyes have it!

I agree with Peter: the focus point is set about the ears instead of on left eye, but no matter, you did say it was the first try...that lens is SHARP from wide open imho.

I bet you're loving those Takumar colors!

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 10:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys, really appreciate the comments, very helpful, especially about setting the manual switch, i would have put it so the auto was showing thinking that the manual was on Embarassed Great to get such positive comments. He is a very odd cat, he can be your best friend one minute and the next he is sticking his claws in your hand! I had to promise him two cans of cat food to get him to pose for the pic Wink

PostPosted: Sat Jul 07, 2012 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Garcia would be grateful for a sharrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrp picture ,please ! Laughing

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sharp but not purrrrr fect Wink Smile