Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Hoya EL 75mm 4.5 enlarger lens first shots.
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 13, 2020 5:28 pm    Post subject: Hoya EL 75mm 4.5 enlarger lens first shots. Reply with quote

Picked this little gem up on the bay for 30 something. Photo Cornucopia lists it as a 6 element design. Aperture is 8 blades and goes to F22. Its all metal and glass and came in a lovely plastic enlarger lens case (which was good because the dust layer was so deep and so old it had etched the top surfaces of the plastic case). Lens, though, was near pristine with just a tiny film on the objective which came right off with a lens cloth. This youtube shows one near identical to the one I have (though their case is in better condition).

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Fncls4cHeMo

First shots.

Its even acceptable (but not great!)at infinity. The above photos are jpg direct from camera these two have minor adj to contrast and brightness.

here is 100% crop of the tree I focused on.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 14, 2020 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks good! Like 1

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 10:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice Like 1 . I have the 50 2.8, and the 40 3.5.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 3:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great results, how did you mount it?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 4:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Its a 39mm thread so 39 to m42 threaded bushing m42 nex helical and extension tubes. It is not great looking into the light as coating is minimal so you get flare and weak contrast. But it has great color and is really sharp. Nearly as sharp a the Apo-Rodagon at about 1/5th the price.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 15, 2020 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here are acouple more from the same shoot.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 5:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jamaeolus wrote:
Its a 39mm thread so 39 to m42 threaded bushing m42 nex helical and extension tubes. It is not great looking into the light as coating is minimal so you get flare and weak contrast. But it has great color and is really sharp. Nearly as sharp a the Apo-Rodagon at about 1/5th the price.

Can you get infinity with it? I guess I'm curious if your setup is as capable as my modded bellows, I love my little Kominar-E 7.5cm/3.5 on the bellows, but it is a bit bulky so it doesn't always go with me.

I think most enlarger lenses only had minimal coatings just to prevent internal flare.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 16, 2020 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes. I can get infinity. It is just OK at that not great though as displayed by the photos above. I am using a pixco nex to m42 helical but with this lens I need more extension. I have a couple of helical m42 extensions as well. The pixco has a ghosting problem with some lenses which is annoying. I intend to try it with the minolta compact bellows but I have to search through my junk pile office to find the minolta m42 adapter. I know some of the older lenses like the m travenar can be used as a helical also.