Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Panasonic G1 : question about the HDMI connection
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Jun 13, 2014 10:45 pm    Post subject: Panasonic G1 : question about the HDMI connection Reply with quote

I don't have the USB cable to connect the camera to the computer to off load the images. Can I use the HDMI cable to transfer the images from the camera to the computer? Or is the HDMI purely there to connect to a TV? Thanks

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 2:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The HDMI port is only used for replay on a TV. You will need the USB cable for connecting a PC. You could use a SD card reader too.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 3:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Calvin for making that clear,I will be buying a card reader very soon.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 3:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Most laptops or some PCs should have one build-in.

PostPosted: Sat Jun 14, 2014 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had my PC made and left that out for a later date. Embarassed

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 3:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Please do not skimp when you buy a card reader,Lexar make an excellent reader for about $60, cheap ones you risk losing your shots,Why risk using a 5-10 dollar reader?

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 6:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kryss wrote:
Please do not skimp when you buy a card reader,Lexar make an excellent reader for about $60, cheap ones you risk losing your shots,Why risk using a 5-10 dollar reader?

oh, I didn't know about that. I'd better dump my five year old pound shop reader then.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2014 7:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

After 50+ years at this game, cheap is not good and good is not cheap but better than losing a total shoot which always happens only when they are irreplaceable.