Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Kyoei Super-Acall 3.5/135mm (LTM39)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:16 pm    Post subject: Glad I Didn't Win It Reply with quote

I have to curb my enthusiasm a bit so I don't wind up with a bunch of lenses I can't use. A Kyoei Super Acall lense 135/3.5 just sold on ebay for $10.50 US, and I had bid $10 for it!

As for the Nikkor-Q 135/2.8, what is a good price to look for on this lens? I assume it works unmodified on F-Mount bodies.

Thank you.

Jeff

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't think any of the Kyoei lenses can be used on a Nikon body unmodified, as the standard mounts these were made for - that I know of - were all of shallower register - M42, Exakta, Miranda. I have never seen one in Nikon, though its possible. Komuras were made in many mounts and some of them were made in interchangeable mounts, and Nikon was one of them. Unless one is lucky though finding either a lens in a specific mount or a specific mount adapter is likely to be frustrating.

If you have a Nikon DSLR body and you are looking for an old Nikkor then you will want to have an AI version or one that has been AI'd.
Lots of Nikkors have been AI'ed over time as its been a necessary modification to fit them on Nikon bodies for the last thirty years. There are people who do this today.

Here is one guy offering this service on ebay -

http://www.ebay.com/itm/AI-modification-conversion-of-Nikon-Nikkor-classic-lens-/170358603875?pt=Camera_Lenses&hash=item27aa2a0063

I have no idea about this particular vendor, just that there are a fair number of people who offer this service.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 8:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Getting a Non-AI Nikkor mounted on a Nikon DSLR seems like quite a simple job.

http://www.zi.ku.dk/personal/lhhansen/photo/repair/aimod/aimod.htm#fig10

Just some disassembly and very simple work with a file or dremel.
Best I think if you have a proper AI lens to compare with.

I would certainly do it, the premium for factory AI lenses on ebay is outrageous. The non-AI 135/2.8, 200/4, 300/4.5, etc. are quite reasonably priced.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 14, 2013 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had one of these that needed an internal cleaning, the aperture blades came apart with a flood cleaning: the only lens that I've ever had do this. The aperture blades seemed to be too thin and too flexible.