Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

These are for Carsten
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:15 pm    Post subject: These are for Carsten Reply with quote

Since I know you are a fan Smile

The main piazza of Brescello, the emilian village of Don Camillo and Peppone
(it coincides with what used to be the Roman forum)

The church and the statue of Don Camillo on the parvis:

The statue of Don Camillo (real size of a human):

The statue of Peppone, in front of the City Hall:

Of course the two statues are on the opposite corners of the piazza Very Happy

A little flavour of the "mondo piccolo" (small world) as narrated by Giovannino Guareschi (who was a dear friend of my father) Smile
All photos M9 and Snapshot-Skopar.

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 5:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love the architecture, the colors, and the historic presence of these nice images.

I'm not a huge fan of selective coloring, but the image of the statue in front of City Hall might look
cool as a black and white, while keeping the green color in the window shutters.

But then again, maybe not. Laughing

Larry

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

When i was a child I never missed a film from Don C. and P. in TV even I have seen it some times before. Great to see these images.

As you can see not only for Carsten. Laughing Laughing Laughing Thanks for sharing

Wink

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 6:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks very much!
Yes, these two made me laugh so often!

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 10:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fun series
Orio

patrickh

PostPosted: Thu Jun 28, 2012 11:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laurence wrote:
Love the architecture, the colors, and the historic presence of these nice images.
I'm not a huge fan of selective coloring, but the image of the statue in front of City Hall might look
cool as a black and white, while keeping the green color in the window shutters.
But then again, maybe not. Laughing
Larry

Thanks Larry, I took these only as souvenir for Carsten, because when he visited here, we didn't have the time to go there.
So these are only "postcards" if you like - no artistic purpose Wink

Rolf wrote:
When i was a child I never missed a film from Don C. and P. in TV even I have seen it some times before. Great to see these images.
As you can see not only for Carsten. Laughing Laughing Laughing Thanks for sharing
Wink

Really? Smile Nice to know Rolf.
Guareschi (the writer of the novels the films were taken from) was an intelligent and fascinating person. I remember him when he visited my home. He is the one on the right in this photo:

LucisPictor wrote:
Thanks very much!
Yes, these two made me laugh so often!

I looked there for a souvenir to mail to you Very Happy But those that I saw were horrible, really tacky Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Jun 29, 2012 7:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice series, great Don Camillo !

PostPosted: Sat Jun 30, 2012 5:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolf wrote:
When i was a child I never missed a film from Don C. and P. in TV even I have seen it some times before. Great to see these images...

same here, it was true for my entire family, had big fun each time again
thank you for the photos Orio

( first link is part1 of 'Don Camillo und Peppone' in German, all parts available
second 'Don Camillo - Discorso di Peppone' en Italiano )
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dEzF73HaR5w
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hMw0cJXqfBo&feature=related