Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Voigtlander SL lens mount change
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 3:34 am    Post subject: Voigtlander SL lens mount change Reply with quote

Voigtlander SL lenses came in a variety of mounts, M42, Nikon F, Canon FD, Pentax K, Olympus OM.
I assume that the lens is always the same and that the mounts introduce the correct register distance for the corresponding camera.

This makes me wonder if it was relatively easy to convert the mount of an SL lens to any other. In particular, though 'usually' it is not, if it is possible, and if so how easy / difficult it is to convert a Voigtlander in Canon FD mount to M42 or Pentax K.

thank you for any input,
andreas

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi Andreas
the only lens in FD mount that might be worthwhile to convert is the 125 APO. The Pentax and the Canon FD apertures go into opposite direction - i can imagine a lot of mechanical work ? But here we have champions who better know this. The newer Canons have electrical aperture, there is imo no chance to do it.
In any case i would take an adapter for a evil and use it like it is.
btw a Pentax mount 125 is in the bay since 2 weeks

PostPosted: Thu Jul 05, 2012 11:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

hi Thomas,

thank you very much for your answer!

oh, the apertures go in opposite directions..that doesn't sound too good!

I have been looking for a 75mm f2.5 Color Heliar in Leica M mount ( and have been considering Pentax DA70 as an alternative as it would be made for my Pentax dSLR and perfectly well useable on my NEX, also Pen-F 1.5/65 and f2/70, but they are rare and more expensive again )

I was late to ask, there was a Color Heliar 75mm f2.5 SL in Canon FD which sold for about half of what I have seen them going in any other mount including the M version, so I could not resist and just won the auction. It would be great if it could be made useable on my Pentax.

It will take a while, maybe some months before I will get it in my hands, time to do research, so I am most happy for any more input.
I have access to lens doctors who are able to do quite amazing conversions ( e.g. I have seen Rokkors not only converted to Canon EOS but even to Pentax K, though I was told that he had to evaluate lens by lens, that wide angles until normal Rokkors usually could, but longer lenses could not be converted to Pentax K )

the 125 APO you mentioned, was it snapped away now? I can't find it

best regards,
Andreas