Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Help with replacing worn bayonet of Contax Zeiss 35/1.4 AEG
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun May 26, 2013 6:41 am    Post subject: Help with replacing worn bayonet of Contax Zeiss 35/1.4 AEG Reply with quote

Hello everyone, I bought a used Contax Zeiss 35/1.4 AEG version. The bayonet is so worn out that it doesn't "click" or physically lock on to my lens adapters (Metabones C/Y-NEX Speed Booster and generic C/Y-NEX Adapter).

I'd like to replace it with a new (or "newer") AEG bayonet, but not surprisingly these don't seem to be made anymore, and I might have to buy another AE lens to use as a "donor." If anyone knows where I could find a spare bayonet (or has one to sell) please let me know.

And the piece I am referring to is this very one:

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody know?

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2018 3:24 pm    Post subject: Y\C mount Reply with quote

I needed a C\Y mount and just got a defect Yashica lens. Cheaper than a defect Zeiss, but same mount. Be careful when removing the mount in case the very small aperture-click ball jumps out and disappears.

p.

PostPosted: Sun Aug 12, 2018 2:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you sure it's the lens at fault? Do you have another similar lens to try that works? Just that the picture isn't showing much wear that I can see and the adaptors are, in my experience, quite variable. I've had to tweak them to get my C/Y lenses to fit properly.