Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

5D - the End?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 7:34 am    Post subject: 5D - the End? Reply with quote

"Out of stock" says the largest net-shop here about 5D. Usually this means that the production has ended.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 8:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Canon is/was developing a new camera to follow the 5D, no?

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

fotomachi wrote:
Canon is/was developing a new camera to follow the 5D, no?

From everything I have read canon was about to announce the 5D replacement a few months ago. Nikon announced the D3 and the D 300 so canon went back to the drawing board. The new 5DII-5D-N or whatever should really be something.

Competition is great for all of us.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hopefully that will mean the 5D's will be a bit less expensive. They are already under 2000USD for a body.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lulalake wrote:
Hopefully that will mean the 5D's will be a bit less expensive. They are already under 2000USD for a body.

But I think, 5D II, will have to compete with Canon EOS 1D III too (FF vs. APS-H) besides D700. The D700 has 1fps less than the D3 (when using the grip) - in FF mode (not DX). D700 is a good alternative for D3 too.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

montecarlo wrote:
lulalake wrote:

But I think, 5D II, will have to compete with Canon EOS 1D III too (FF vs. APS-H) besides D700. The D700 has 1fps less than the D3 (when using the grip) - in FF mode (not DX). D700 is a good alternative for D3 too.

I expect Nikon are hoping the D700 is a 5DII spoiler.

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

In this segment of the market, pricing and lens fidelity are decisive.

I don't expect any Canon or Nikon user with a kit of lenses to move from one brand to the other because of the new cameras.

As for new users, pricing will be decisive - this is a segment of advanced amateurs or semi-professionals, where price is an issue. New users undecided will decide by price.