Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Yashica ML 24mm f2.8 , SMC Takumar 300mm f4, CZ Sonnar 135mm
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:49 pm    Post subject: Yashica ML 24mm f2.8 , SMC Takumar 300mm f4, CZ Sonnar 135mm Reply with quote

Today we had bright sunny day, ideal for lens evaluation ... I couldn't go to zoo so I went to my other favorite place close to local photo shop to take same shoots. Shortly in my impression.

Yashica ML 24mm f2.8

Full size images are here...

very nice wide angle lens with excellent color rendering (it was best of above lenses on my Olympus) falling in love with this lens was less than a second. Today I sold my Olympus 24mm f2 Sad

SMC Takumar 300mm f4

color rendering nice but less good than my Nikkor and CZJ Sonnar 300mm f4 lens.Sharpness at wide open acceptable, at f5.6 razor sharp , very nice well built . light weight and fast! So a dream lens for animal photography.

CZ Sonnar 135mm f2.8

razor, sharp at f5.6 I couldn't test wide open, extremely well built , but color rendering not good as than my other Olympus lenses on Olympus body.

All impressions just quick impression need to take more time with this lenses and I guess it will be change...

Yashica ML 24mm f2.8 Contax Olympus E-1 f5.6 ISO 100

Carl Zeiss Sonnar *T 135mm f2.8 MM Contax Olympus E-1 f5.6 ISO 100

Asahi Pentax SMC Takumar 300mm f4 M42 Olympus E-1 f5.6 ISO 100

Last edited by Attila on Mon Jan 28, 2008 10:17 pm; edited 8 times in total

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am glad that you liked the Yashica 24mm, I am in love with that lens, and this in spite of fact that I have many Distagons. But the ML 24 really deserves to be in the same league as the Distagons.
Chapeau to Yashica, they really made an excellent lens, and the ML 24 is all their own, it was not derived from a Zeiss design.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh no - another "do try me" lens. Thanks Attila and Orio!!!

patrickh

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 9:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some really good shots, there!

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, good shoots with good lenses! Very Happy

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 8:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice sample shots.

It doesn't look like any of the lenses is below very good either.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 1:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Richard_D wrote:
It doesn't look like any of the lenses is below very good either.

This is my opinion too.