Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Meyer Primotar 3.5 50mm for Exakta
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 8:11 pm    Post subject: Meyer Primotar 3.5 50mm for Exakta Reply with quote

I already have this lens in M42 and it is one of my favourites. My M42 copy has a red V but this one doesn't, however, it is coated with the pale blue/purple coating typical of these old Meyers. It has an external stopdown lever that you have to remember to press before hitting the shutter if not using it on an Exakta or Exa.

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 9:24 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#2 100% crop

#9 100% crop

#15 100% crop

Last edited by iangreenhalgh1 on Fri May 18, 2012 2:35 am; edited 3 times in total

PostPosted: Thu May 17, 2012 11:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful results from your featured lens! Smile

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 12:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gerris2 wrote:
Beautiful results from your featured lens! Smile

+1 one of my favorite too.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

One of my faves, too. The recessed element, probably don't need a hood with this lens.

Ian, you should try the lens with film.

PostPosted: Fri May 18, 2012 2:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers guys. I agree Bill, no hood needed. I will try to shoot some film with her today, I have shot film with her Primagon sister and the results were great. I love these old Meyers, they are much better imho than the later ones from the 70s and 80s.

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2014 4:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

"It has an external stopdown lever that you have to remember to press before hitting the shutter if not using it on an Exakta or Exa."

I am wondering if you have noticed that the very outer (front/forward) ring on the lens barrel of the Primotar has a black dot....and a red dot........When the black dot is aligned with the little red arrow that points to the current f-stop setting of this lens, the iris of the camera does not function "automatic" and the depression of the "stopdown lever" makes no change in the position of the iris blades. When set on the red dot, the lens is on "automatic" and depression of the "stopdown lever" is required to stop down the iris prior to snapping the shutter.

All of this is true on my Primotar #1934323.

Does anyone know which filter size is intended for this lens??? Thank you.