Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sigma 14mm f3.5 fd fit
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 10:23 pm    Post subject: Sigma 14mm f3.5 fd fit Reply with quote

I have heard good things about this lens. I have a chance to get itfor around 90 ukp. I would like to know your experiences. I already have the tokina 17mm and sony 16mm (for nex). This will be mainly used on my nex 5 and e-p2. Should i add another wide orime to collection or give it a miss. It is fully boxed in near mint cond.

PostPosted: Tue May 15, 2012 8:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry for bumping my own thread. But after 88 views and 0 replies I am guessing this is not a very popular manual lens.

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 5:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We hope you buy it, and share here Very Happy
never know before myself

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never used this lens, so I'm keen to see what it's like Very Happy At GBP 90 it's quite attractive, especially for a film user. On your Nex it will still give you diagonal coverage of about 90 degrees, which is really wide. Not so spectacular on m4/3 though . . .

Go for it - !

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 9:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Use the search function Sigma 14mm and you will get 4 or 5 threads with sample images.

Wink

PostPosted: Wed May 16, 2012 9:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rolf wrote:
Use the search function Sigma 14mm and you will get 4 or 5 threads with sample images.

Wink

Thanks Rolf. I did that, but the only one I found with images was F16Sunshine. But he says this in the end:

Guess what. This was not taken with the sigma 14mm. It was dark and I had three cameras on tripods and lost track. This morning I wanted to take the film from one of the other cams to finish it in my new Bessa. The other camera (yashica) had the sigma 14mm on it. The full frame 14mm shots will come with finishing and developing this roll. Which means this one was taken with my Viv/Tokina 17mm f3.5. The only other in the bag that night was a J9 and this shot is not a J9 shot.This is very embarrassing but considering the conditions an easy mistake to make. So here you go Carsten. This is the same lens you just purched. Vivitar with SN starting 37 .

The other one is with the AF version from riddance77 in Nikon mount. Somehow even the new one in f2.8 AF costs around 170 ukp on ebay so it is not a particularly expensive lens.