Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Return of the humming birds
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 12:43 am    Post subject: Return of the humming birds Reply with quote

My annual jousting with the humming birds at my feeders has begun. Taken with a Canon 40D and EF 70-200/F4 L

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shocked Cool That is very nice!How long did it stay still for?

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 10:51 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice shot. I must be very difficult to photo one of the fastest moving bird. Were you standing pretty near since 200mm is not very long and these are small birds?

PostPosted: Mon May 07, 2012 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The average visit is about 4-5 seconds. Basically, my strategy is to pre-focus on where he will land and turn the AF on the lens off. The camera was set on a tri-pod in the kitchen about 4-5 feet from the feeder. I cleaned the window very carefully earlier in the day. The rest is just a game of patience. The one above was also one of the better one from about 200 shots taken that day.

This is an un_cropped shot at the same feeder. Not one of my favorites.