Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Voigtlander 35mm f/3.4
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 10:57 pm    Post subject: Voigtlander 35mm f/3.4 Reply with quote

I've always loved the look and build of the Voigtlander Bessamatic lenses (Deckel mount). Almost as much as the images they produce. Here are a few shots of and with (on Nex 3) the 35mm f/3.4. To my eye the images produced have that "understated" and "round, 3-D" appearance common to many West German optics of the period. Actually the Bessamatic dynasty (if it can be called such) lasted well into the sixties. Many of these lenses are still good users. This particular example is of the later "yellow dot" variety which could take advantage of all the features of the Ultramatic model.

Thanks for taking a look!

Paul

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 10:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks really good

patrickh

PostPosted: Sun May 13, 2012 11:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

patrickh wrote:
Looks really good

patrickh

Thanks! It's another cool classic normal for the NEX. It would give a normal field of view (53mm) on any APS-format machine, but it handles especially nicely on the NEX. The detented stops on the Deckel adapter I have are very positive and the heavy knurls on the generous sized focus ring all makes for a very pleasant experience. Alos, the "pincer" type mechanical DOF indicators are great for zone focussing with an optical viewfinder.

Paul