Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Pentax SMC 28mm f3.5 K Series--First NEX Shots
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 8:21 pm    Post subject: Pentax SMC 28mm f3.5 K Series--First NEX Shots Reply with quote

The SMC Pentax 28mm f3.5 K Series is by far my best lens. These are some of my first images taken with Sony NEX-C3. I have not been posting here lately because my poor eyesight has made using manual lenses very difficult. NEX has changed this.
Thanks for looking.
Lens

The Watcher

Faces In The Wood

Island Of The Dead

Wahkeena Falls

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 8:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very fine series. Are you using live view or the focus "edging". I love my new Nex

patrickh

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

patrickh wrote:
Very fine series. Are you using live view or the focus "edging". I love my new Nex
patrickh

I am using focus peaking to get close, and then MF Assist to fine tune. It works.

PostPosted: Fri May 04, 2012 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jeff Zen wrote:
patrickh wrote:
patrickh

I am using focus peaking to get close, and then MF Assist to fine tune. It works.

It surely does. My Pentax K10 is still away for repair so I'm using my NEX5 with my M42 lenses, and the more i use it - the better it gets.

Those are nice pictures Jeff, whatever the camera and lens, and if the NEX makes it easier and better to take fine pictures then "go for it !" Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 4:21 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Fine series of images, and very nice exposure. Enjoyed the pictures!

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 11:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice series, I enjoyed the moodiness of the island of the dead photo, nice capture of the clouds.

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 2:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Pentax SMC 28mm f3.5 K Series--First NEX Shots Reply with quote

Jeff Zen wrote:
The SMC Pentax 28mm f3.5 K Series is by far my best lens. These are some of my first images taken with Sony NEX-C3. I have not been posting here lately because my poor eyesight has made using manual lenses very difficult. NEX has changed this.
Thanks for looking.
Lens

nice photos, and Jeff I am very happy to read that the great focusing aids once again sparked you using manual lenses!
I love my Pentax K and M lenses, their great handling certainly makes them a joy to use on a NEX

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lovely place I enjoy this series really!

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 7:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks everyone for kind words and encouragement. I am happy to be using my MF lenses again.

Location is The Columbia Gorge on the border of Oregon and Washington state, USA. It is an area that attracts many photographers
from around the world. I never buy lens caps because I constantly find them on the ground around waterfalls.

PostPosted: Tue May 08, 2012 8:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice photos.
The pentax K28/3.5 is one of my sharpest lenses for landscape.