Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Kodak Vision 3 50D
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:52 am    Post subject: Kodak Vision 3 50D Reply with quote

Got my ECN-2 film back from the lab. They removed the rem-jet and then processed it C-41, so it was exceedingly green. With some Photoshop magic, I got the green out. Next time I mess with ECN-2 or ECP-2 film, I'm using the formula mmelvis provided and doing it at home. Here are the results from the first go-round. Pentax K2, kit 50mm f2.

Didn't get all the green out of this one.

Mandarin Hotel, SF.

Two-second exposure hand-held against a column.

In short, I guess I had expected slightly higher image quality since movie film is intended to be enlarged to the side of a movie screen. I'm not disappointed in the film at all and look forward to using this stuff myself and developing it at home.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love this set, but this one definitely needs to be blown up large:

Fantastic catch!

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, there. #2 and #3 are outstanding. I quite like the effect in the complex. As a side note this film is not actually designed to be enlarged screen size. The movie is only shot on this film in camera, then is being duplicated several times on different film stocks for various purposes before the last stage on positive material for projection. Nonetheless interesting material to play with Smile.

Cheers.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm keen to know how to develop this stuff as I just bought 200ft of Vision2 250D.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 12:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My Vision2 250D arrived and I hand loaded a roll. Sadly it's coiled the opposite way to a bulk roll for stills photography so the roll is loaded backwards. I wonder if this will work like redscale? The film looks black and opaque on the non-emulsion side so maybe not.

Oh well, I'll give it a try.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 3:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
My Vision2 250D arrived and I hand loaded a roll. Sadly it's coiled the opposite way to a bulk roll for stills photography so the roll is loaded backwards. I wonder if this will work like redscale? The film looks black and opaque on the non-emulsion side so maybe not.

Oh well, I'll give it a try.

The opaque layer on the back of the film is called the remjet, has an anti halo function. If you expose through that you're likely to end up with a blank film, you're not exposing at all, that is, since the light won't travel through. I'd reverse the film right away avoiding to waste a good film.

Cheers.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 16, 2012 4:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Marty, I thought that would be the case. I'll reverse it.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 20, 2012 11:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Agree with Katastrofo. No.2 is superb. Slight green tint actually works in that shot.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ian, for developing, with the remjet removed ( a quick Google search will tell you how to do that, basically a sodium bath or something like that), it CAN be developed in C-41 for a green tint (as above) or processes properly in ECN or ECP chemicals, whichever is required. Mmelvis left a post about this film in the darkroom that has a response with the raw chemicals needed to make the processing baths.

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 7:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I shot a roll and got it developed at the local supermarket but it came out wierd, the remjet had all gone but all I had was strange bands of colour like the emulsion had melted. I threw it away and can't find the couple of scans I made to show you. Most annoying, I've got another 190ft of this stuff.

PostPosted: Sat May 05, 2012 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
I shot a roll and got it developed at the local supermarket but it came out wierd, the remjet had all gone but all I had was strange bands of colour like the emulsion had melted. I threw it away and can't find the couple of scans I made to show you. Most annoying, I've got another 190ft of this stuff.

B/W?