Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Takumar 100mm f/2, worth 7000 USD
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 8:32 pm    Post subject: Takumar 100mm f/2, worth 7000 USD Reply with quote

I saw this link on facebook and thought it might be of some interest.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Pentax-Takumar-100mm-f2-M42-Mount-Only-about-250-made-as-gifts/192617966239?hash=item2cd8ecea9f%3Ag%3Ao-oAAOSw0URbZhnl&_sacat=0&_nkw=Takumar+100mm+&_from=R40&rt=nc&LH_TitleDesc=0

Not my auction of course.

I remember seeing a few photos here from this rare lens, being surprised about its existence.

Lets see if it gets sold for this rather large sum or if he has to lower it.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

By virtue of very few samples existing. There probably only was a small number sold in Japan. Maybe a preproduction run.

A video made by the guy selling it (he is on Pentaxforums.com under the same username)

https://youtu.be/7dewVlPV2eE

Another member also has one and posted some samples. Not only is it rare it is also a very nice lens.

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/10-pentax-slr-lens-discussion/227434-so-rare-there-no-samples-pf.html#post2413067

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Definitely a collectors item.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 9:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you! First I heard of lens!

$7000 Laugh 1

PostPosted: Wed Aug 08, 2018 10:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I could buy a couple of fully-functional cars for $7000. Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

Whatever it is and however much I'd be able to spend,
you wouldn't find me spending US $7000 on a lens.

Collector or not, how could a buyer justify the price?

I can see it happening with a one-of-a-kind vintage automobile,
but this sort of thing makes no sense to me.

I suppose that tells everyone how much of a non-collector I am. Rolling Eyes

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 12:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SkedAddled wrote:
I could buy a couple of fully-functional cars for $7000. Exclamation Exclamation Exclamation

Whatever it is and however much I'd be able to spend,
you wouldn't find me spending US $7000 on a lens.

Collector or not, how could a buyer justify the price?

I can see it happening with a one-of-a-kind vintage automobile,
but this sort of thing makes no sense to me.

I suppose that tells everyone how much of a non-collector I am. Rolling Eyes

No I think most here feel the same, much better to find a hidden gem for a few pence lol after all no matter how good that lens is it probably won't be as good as a modern lens for a tenth of its cost, but hey if you're a collector and have the money, why not !

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a shame they didn't make more of these, it would go nicely with my 50/4 Preset Macro, in fact I would have loved a complete set of preset lenses.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

D1N0 wrote:
By virtue of very few samples existing. There probably only was a small number sold in Japan. Maybe a preproduction run.

A video made by the guy selling it (he is on Pentaxforums.com under the same username)

https://youtu.be/7dewVlPV2eE

Another member also has one and posted some samples. Not only is it rare it is also a very nice lens.

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/10-pentax-slr-lens-discussion/227434-so-rare-there-no-samples-pf.html#post2413067

Interesting video. I am actually more interested in the adapter. Searching on the internet I found I knew it before. It can do auto focus.
That would lose the fun of using this lens.

In the samples pictures, the 3rd one seems to have a little distracting bokeh, a little swirly as well. Just my feeling.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2018 1:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lightshow wrote:
It's a shame they didn't make more of these, it would go nicely with my 50/4 Preset Macro, in fact I would have loved a complete set of preset lenses.

There's a preset Canon 100/2.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 1:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Gardener wrote:
Lightshow wrote:

I assume you mean the LTM 100/2
I have considered it, I think I would rather have the 85/1.9.

I'm expressing my frustration at how some manufactures release 1 or 2 presets which I love, but fail to fill out the line with presets, which I would have been in heaven if they did, Topcor R and Konica F/AR, I curse Auto aperture.

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 5:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can't believe the seller didn't even try to make greater pictures and better looking auction...

PostPosted: Tue Aug 14, 2018 10:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Price drop now $6000 bin. Click here to see on Ebay

Laugh 1

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 11:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:
Price drop now $6000 bin. Click here to see on Ebay

Laugh 1

4000 now!

Don't grab it before it hits 200 because I want it . Laugh 1

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 12:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

He turned into an auction starting at 4000

PostPosted: Wed Aug 15, 2018 3:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lightshow wrote:
Gardener wrote:
Lightshow wrote:

I assume you mean the LTM 100/2

I was thinking about the one in R-mount actually.

PostPosted: Thu Aug 16, 2018 4:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's an item for nobility = ppl whose only care is to re/distribute the actives & way to save money into something inflation-resistant and valuable in time just like stamps and paintings, not for normies, that's why some of you wonder/look shocked Shocked Very Happy

I believe to own prewar Exa mount Sonnar 8,5/2 to be produced in even smaller batch of 100 pcs, know at least 2 more to exist now but I don't think the highest bid would be anywhere close to $7k though