Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Samuron 135mm
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:35 am    Post subject: Samuron 135mm Reply with quote

Does anyone have, or has come across this lens? I am unable to find any reference to it on any photograph forum.

Alan

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have you a photo of the lens? It will help very much in identifying it.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The general opinion on this forum is that there was never a bad lens in 135mm focal length. If it's cheap, give it a try.

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

i think OP is asking about this lens:

Click here to see on Ebay

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 10:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That is the same lens as the Dolland-s 135 that i had
Build quality is poor aperture blades fell apart it does have something like 15 of them if i remember correctly
Image quality before it fell apart was pretty poor compared to some of my other 135 lenses lots of CA on it

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:12 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

WolverineX wrote:
i think OP is asking about this lens:

Click here to see on Ebay

You are correct, that is the one I was referring to and was probably going to place a bid, but I had never heard of that make. I think I shall give it a miss and look for one of the better known 135's.

Thanks everyone for your replies. Smile

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm sure I have a very similar lens, as do some other people

PostPosted: Mon Jul 04, 2011 1:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If you want a good, cheap 135, these are all excellent and easy to find on ebay:

Pentacon 2.8/135
Jupiter-11A 4/135
Olympus Zuiko 3.5/135 (2.8 version is better but more expensive)

All three of those won't disappoint, I own all three and also have half a dozen cheap n nasty 135s, they never get used because those three above cover all bases for that focal length for me.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've just bought one of these for £5, but it has a T2 / m42 and a M42 / PK adapter so I don't feel robbed. I haven't tried it yet, but it's a lovely small 135.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 5:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's not as bad as I thought it might be, I've used worse lenses than this

This is straight out of the camera NEX5 (SOOC )

Another SOOC

Adjusted the levels, it was blown out.

SOOC

SOOC - I'm impressed there's no bad fringing, there was bright sun to my right pouring through the trees.

SOOC

SOOC.

I wouldn't rush out and buy one, unless it's as cheap as this because there are better 135's out there. But it's no disgrace, and the very compact design is nice. On the NEX it works very nicely, I really like the stop down style of lens on this camera because I find I can do the focus and aperture with my left hand - and with the NEX at waist level use my right thumb on the shutter button. The best lens for this is the Helios 44-2, but this is also very easy to use.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 7:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not bad at all, I particularly like the first two.