Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Miranda Auto 50MM f1.4
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 4:31 am    Post subject: Miranda Auto 50MM f1.4 Reply with quote

I've wanted to try this lens, and I came across this one on the Bay, and couldn't resist. I will have to make an adapter for it, but that will be fun. Very Happy
I will test it as soon as I get it, probably handheld.

Click here to see on Ebay

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 1:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have this lens Walter, it's really good, sharp wide open, a unique 8 element design.

You can make an adapter as I did, I took the Miranda bayonet from a TC and stuck it on a NEX extension tube which I then adjusted for infinity by how far I screwed the two parts of the tube together, finally fixing it in that position with some epoxy:

Shot these wide open:

I forget what aperture these were at:

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, Ian. That looks like an easy way to make an adapter. I will try it. Smile Hopefully my 50 1.4 copy will be a good one, also.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've also made adapter for Werra, Petri and a couple of others this way, much better than modifying the lenses.

I got my copy dirt cheap because it has a scratch on the front lens, makes no difference to IQ though.

Look forward to seeing some samples from yours, I really rate this lens.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 3:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm suprised that no one is making adapters for Miranda to NEX and M4/3 yet.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 9:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not many lenses available. The 1.8/50 is fairly common as is the 3.5/135, but the others are altogether harder to find. Very few people seem to be aware of Miranda lenses, I found very few people using them when I searched the net.

PostPosted: Mon Apr 23, 2012 11:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

walter g wrote:
I'm suprised that no one is making adapters for Miranda to NEX and M4/3 yet.

There are Miranda M-L adapters, which allow Miranda lenses to attach to M39 (LTM) cameras. It might be possible to attach a Miranda lens to a mirrorless digital camera with this adapter combined with an M39 adapter. I haven't tried this.

These Miranda M-L adapters aren't that common E-bay. You might see one come up every few months.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 1:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm also make Miranda - NEX adapter from the teleconverter and C-mount adapter.

Sony NEX-5N with Miranda 50/1.8 lens (i get this lens from junk, then make adapter, later buy 50/1.4 and 135/2.Cool:

Samples from Miranda 50/1.4(at f/1.4):

Samples from Miranda 135/2.8(at f/2.Cool:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 2:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nukemall wrote:
I'm also make Miranda - NEX adapter from the teleconverter and C-mount adapter.

Sony NEX-5N with Miranda 50/1.8 lens (i get this lens from junk, then make adapter, later buy 50/1.4 and 135/2.Cool:

Samples from Miranda 50/1.4(at f/1.4):

Samples from Miranda 135/2.8(at f/2.Cool:

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats a superb B&W portrait.

Full of life and character.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 24, 2012 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Luis, just a candid I snapped to test the lens when I first made the adapter, but it came out nice.

PostPosted: Sat Apr 28, 2012 10:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

1st test pic handheld against a m42 adapter. Shot at f2.8.

Both shots on overcast day.
2nd shot is at f1.4.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 2:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like those Walter, this is a lens that deserves to be more fully explored and appreciated so glad to see someone else putting it to good use.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. Smile I really like the colors this lens produces. I can't wait to make an adapter so I can get full use from the lens. Smile

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 1:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
I like those Walter, this is a lens that deserves to be more fully explored and appreciated so glad to see someone else putting it to good use.

+1 if you look photo of lady with orange hat/cap this bokeh is something exquisite i think; and another reason for me to get Nex since i already have the Miranda

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 3:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh no! Another lens to look for! Shocked

PostPosted: Sun Apr 29, 2012 6:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Don't worry Joseph, Miranda lenses are pretty cheap, an the 1.4/50 is not too hard to find, when it does come along it's the cheapest 1.4/50 around by a fair margin and well worth the investment.

The Miranda cameras are also excellent, the build quality puts most others to shame.

PostPosted: Wed Jun 13, 2012 1:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

We're getting rain almost every day. Today was my first chance to try the 8 element version on my new adapter. It was still overcast and rainy, so this image does have some PP. Handheld, so I want to try it in better weather with a tripod.

Tree Lilly at f1.4

PostPosted: Fri Jun 15, 2012 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Still overcast weather, but it cleared up just at dark.

This first shot needed a tripod, but I shot it handheld.
New Hybrid Dahlia, Shot at ISO 100, f2.8 at 1/15's on Panny G1.

Crop, shot at ISO 100, f2 at 1/15s handheld

PostPosted: Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This 50mm 1.4 is very cheap, I think with extender tube it can make a perfect macro lens.

The only problem, extension tube are more expansive than the lens itself

My 100% crop shot (not with extender)

@f2

Not 100% but still f2

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 2:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You can use E mount extension tubes if you use Sony A7....

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh shame on me, when my mind is focus on retro style, I don't see the solution in front of my eyes

Thank you

Laugh 1

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 8:14 pm    Post subject: Auto Miranda EC 50mm f1.4 Reply with quote

I seen an auto Miranda EC 50mm f1.4 for £49.00, is this the same lens as the one mentioned above or a different lens internally or just an earlier or later lens with the same internal make up. Your input will be much appreciated.
Melmount.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 23, 2018 9:11 pm    Post subject: Re: Auto Miranda EC 50mm f1.4 Reply with quote

melmount wrote:
I seen an auto Miranda EC 50mm f1.4 for £49.00, is this the same lens as the one mentioned above or a different lens internally or just an earlier or later lens with the same internal make up. Your input will be much appreciated.
Melmount.

No. The EC version has 7/5 scheme

http://www.mirandacamera.com/_lenses/_EE_EC/lenses_EE.htm

PostPosted: Sat Mar 23, 2019 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Bumped foward for Tom. This is the 8 element Auto Miranda 50mm f1.4 that I mentioned in another thread.