Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

testing my lenses - part 93 - Samyang 500mm/8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:19 pm    Post subject: testing my lenses - part 93 - Samyang 500mm/8 Reply with quote

it's not a mirror lens

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 9:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Surprisingly sharp I must say! But the ghosting is horrible in the second picture!

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 10:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would say more that resolution is low but the CA control is suprisingly good for such an cheap and long tele-lens.

Tair 3C with tele-converter is a lot better though and plays in about the same price class.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 22, 2012 11:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ForenSeil wrote:
Tair 3C with tele-converter is a lot better though and plays in about the same price class.

off course that tair 3 is better, it has more complex optical scheme, but is probably 3 times heavier.
sharpness surprised me
what i don't like is that the minimal focusing distance is 10 meters, i'm not used to that, with oly mirror 500mm i have minimum focusing distance of 4 meters, so with this lens it was difficult to get used to 10 meters.