Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Broken back glass on lens - picture alert
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:29 pm    Post subject: Broken back glass on lens - picture alert Reply with quote

We all have seen quite some interesting results from lenses with broken front glass.

Here are some with a broken back glass. This is my first attempt to post pictures, so in case something went wrong: sorry Embarassed

The lens is an old Nikon 24.2.8, pictures of the lens taken with K5, outdoor pictures taken with Canon 10D. Maybe the pictures are not the best to evaluate, but I am surprised with the results of this "oldie with broken lens"

Filip

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found this kind of blemish visible on picture above f4 if surface has big coverage and above f8 if broken like yours , thank you for sharing this experience! Clearly shows how silly to worry about some cleaning marks or scratches.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 8:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A very minor problem.
Much worse can happen before a lens is unusable.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 9:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks like you have to beat a lens quite seriously before making it unusable.
Thanks for the sharing, it is a good way to encourage the purchase of damaged lenses.
Smile

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Seems to be worse on a close distance, like the wine glass picture.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
I found this kind of blemish visible on picture above f4 if surface has big coverage and above f8 if broken like yours , thank you for sharing this experience! Clearly shows how silly to worry about some cleaning marks or scratches.

+1 Wink

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 10:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, the IQ is clearly affected. I would expect performance like that from c-mount, but not from Nikon.

Yeah worrying about cleaning marks is silly, but they do affect the resale, so they should be disclosed. I would happily buy the lens with cleaning marks if I get the discount, recently got Canon FD 85/1.8 for 60 Euros shipped like that. Since the usual price is about 100 Euros, I was ecstatic, of course.

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 11:34 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nothing wrong with the distance shots, perfectly useable, the closer ones are still okay too imho.