Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Samsung NX 100
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 8:22 pm    Post subject: Samsung NX 100 Reply with quote

I bought today a SAMSUNG NX 100 with 20-50mm kit lens. Sold on local auction site for low price 330 USD. I expect a lot from this camera any experience ?

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 8:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was able to use one at the Photokina last year.
Made a good impression. And the lenses you can get are pretty interesting.

PostPosted: Sun May 22, 2011 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have the nx10 and it's a lovely little camera: great user interface, superb AMOLED screen, quiet, with lots of lens mount options and nicely priced Samsung AF lenses (30mm pancake especially). The NX100 is missing the evf, but if you are accustomed to shooting with the nex you won't have any problems. Let us know how you find it.

If you are thinking of buying Kiwi adapters, check them or buy them from a seller that accepts returns: my Nikon one does not focus to infinity. The Konica AR Calvin sent from HK was cheaper and works great, as does the Nikon one I got from big_is.

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for advices, I am willing to sell it's lens and buy an EV finder from it's price. EV finder is important I really miss it from NEX or I will use same LCD viewer what I use for NEX.

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 5:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congrats, Attila. A nice little cam that I already considered before buying the NEX. But finally I disregarded it because of the sensor, the same one that the NX10 and the Pentax K-7 (that I already owned). It's not bad, but at high ISOs the performance is not very good and the dynamic range is shorter in general compared to the NEX. I don't mean it's bad, I took wonderful pictures with the K-7, but I feel more comfortable with the NEX sensor. But you already onwn one... Wink
Anyway it's a great cam, enjoy it!.

Regards.
Jes.

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 5:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

congrats! you now have a serious base to compare all those sensors

PostPosted: Mon May 23, 2011 10:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poilu wrote:
congrats! you now have a serious base to compare all those sensors

Yes, all camera a bit different from all free I can make a perfect one Wink

I wish to have Panasonic G1 body with all functions, Sony sensor and Samsung LCD

PostPosted: Tue May 24, 2011 9:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am impressed...

http://forum.mflenses.com/samsung-nx-100-20-50mm-kit-lens-t39693.html

PostPosted: Thu May 26, 2011 3:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Congratulations for your new toy , Attila !
I am curious about your opinions about NX vs NEX Laughing

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 2:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yinyangbt wrote:
Congratulations for your new toy , Attila !
I am curious about your opinions about NX vs NEX Laughing

Both are great camera without any doubt.

I miss from NEX EV FINDER!!! Smile + some more button to make it to more handy.

I miss same high quality ISO from NX than NEX have it.

That's it everything else just fine on both camera. Samsung 20-50 is better lens than Sony 16mm.

PostPosted: Fri May 27, 2011 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://forum.mflenses.com/budapest-samsung-nx100-samsung-20-50-t39769.html

PostPosted: Sun May 29, 2011 7:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I am more and more amazed by NX 100.

http://forum.mflenses.com/samsung-nx-100-20-50mm-kit-lens-buda-castle-t39851.html

I think I will order soon an EV finder and I will have a perfect camera.

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 6:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

"and I will have a perfect camera."

Attila

Wow!!!! But no IBIS!

PostPosted: Tue May 31, 2011 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

IBIS ?

PostPosted: Sun Jun 05, 2011 2:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Some more with kit lens

http://forum.mflenses.com/samsung-nx100-kit-lens-t40078.html

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm amazed truely about it's 20-50mm lens, I will keep this camera only for this lens. I never seen similar performer on budget level.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 2:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The 50-200 is the same or even better, it has great bokeh and excellent sharpness.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 20, 2011 3:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

ludoo wrote:
The 50-200 is the same or even better, it has great bokeh and excellent sharpness.

Perhaps I will buy it too.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2011 12:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://forum.mflenses.com/river-danube-samsung-nx100-samsung-20-50mm-t40853.html

PostPosted: Wed Jul 13, 2011 10:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://forum.mflenses.com/nikon-nikkor-50mm-f1-4-non-ai-samsung-nx100-t41166.html

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 5:24 pm    Post subject: A new member of my family arrived today Reply with quote

The Postman delivered her today Very Happy

My new (to me) Samsung NX100. I purchased it on e*ay for $251US.

I can't wait for some interior opportunities as Winter has struck here and all there is is snow.

The image was taken with my Fuji WPZ33, so please forgive the handheld AF shot. I noticed while I was taking the picture that there was a strange blue line through the display. It seems it is the sensor, rather than the screen as the line is in the image. I guess I will be discarding it very soon. I will miss the little waterproof P&S. It was almost always with me when there was any chance of rain or snow.

Members of the family, Canon EOS XTi, Canon AE1, Olympus E-510, Baldina, Samsung NX100, FED 5B
The Fuji S2 modified to M42 mount is on vacation in CanCun.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 14, 2012 6:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey she has good company!

Congrats!!

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2012 4:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://forum.mflenses.com/samsung-nx-100-20-50-kit-lens-budapest-t46997.html

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 5:55 pm    Post subject: another one! Reply with quote

My second NX100 arrived today. Both have been e*ay purchases, both used and total for both just a bit under $500US including shipping. One came with 20-50mm lens and the other with the 18-55mm.OIS.

One thing was quickly apparent though regarding the lenses, one zooms clockwise and the other counterclockwise.

I was so impressed with the first NX100 that I just had to grab another one. My plan is to have the Samsung 20-50mm on one and an MF lens of some flavor on the other when I go shooting.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 6:50 pm    Post subject: Re: another one! Reply with quote

greg wrote:
My second NX100 arrived today. Both have been e*ay purchases, both used and total for both just a bit under $500US including shipping. One came with 20-50mm lens and the other with the 18-55mm.OIS.

One thing was quickly apparent though regarding the lenses, one zooms clockwise and the other counterclockwise.

I was so impressed with the first NX100 that I just had to grab another one. My plan is to have the Samsung 20-50mm on one and an MF lens of some flavor on the other when I go shooting.

Laughing Good plan ! I do same , usually NX100 with it's 20-50 kit lens and Sony NEX with manual lens.