Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

New Camera Added
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 04, 2012 3:44 am    Post subject: New Camera Added Reply with quote

A week ago, I added a new/old camera to add to my collection. Yes, it's another Nikon. I have lots of lenses for it, and I just couldn't resist.

In this case, I picked up a nearly pristine FE2, which increases my MF Nikon collection to three (F2A, FE, FE2). After using the FE2 for a week, I have to say I like it better than any Nikon I have except for the FE (that includes the "more modern" models, too--N65, F100, D700). I prefer the feel and sound of the FE's film advance and shutter release, but living in Southern California (the land of blazing sunshine), having up to 1/4,000 shutter speed is pretty nice. It even allows me to use my 50/1.2 Ai wide open in bright daylight (with less than ISO 100 film, anyway). Wouldn't want to do it all the time, but the option exists.

It wasn't as good a deal as the F2A (free) or the FE ($8 ), but at $45, it was well worth it.

I understand that many parts for the FE and FE2 are no longer available. At some point, I may have to do the final MF Nikon upgrade to an FM3a, but so far, the prices are stupidly high.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 28, 2018 1:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Have FM3a yet? Smile