Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Flektogon 35mm F2.8 advice on Fungus damage
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:42 pm    Post subject: Flektogon 35mm F2.8 advice on Fungus damage Reply with quote

Well i managed to pickup a very nice zeiss Flektogon 35mm f2.8 that was in a very sorry state, had lots of fungus, but for the price paid it was a gamble.
I used cold cream and managed to get all teh elements clean except for the very last one that seems to have been etched and damaged very badly.
See pics below

So can i clean with something stronger, I left soaking for 12 hours in cold cream, tried vinegar, amonia, Amonia and peroxide, but this element seems to be to gone.
So could i find a replacment or has anybody got one.
or might i remove the rear element from a Mir 1b to replace it?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 9:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If etched this badly and even ammonia peroxide mix not remove it, I don't know other solution than take rear lens from another damaged Flek Sad

PostPosted: Wed Apr 11, 2012 11:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got a lovely Minolta Rokkor 135 with a rear element just as bad, it's dead ! Crying or Very sad I've tried all the usual stuff, but the etching is the killer.

I have got a bunch of elements from other dead lenses though, and I'm thinking of just fitting the nearest one in, I have no idea if it would work or not, but it might ? It's either dead or alive.... Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 8:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a broken Mir 1v laying around, if you want to try: I could send you the rear element, or what remains of the lens.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 12, 2012 9:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow that would be excellent I did look at my Mir1 and it looks the same.
I will drop you a PM.