Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Volna 9 problem
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:49 pm    Post subject: Volna 9 problem Reply with quote

Hi, I seem to have a problem with a lens I just received. Its a volna 9 that appears to be in great condition, everything works smooth etc... but it can't reach infinity. In fact, it can't even reach focus past ~6 meters. I have been using it on an adapter m42-EOS that I have successfully used with 3 other m42 lenses, so I know that is not the problem. What could be the problem??
Thanks for your help.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 12:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Usually there are screws around focus ring that allow you to tune infinity; you have to untight them, and try a new position for the ring, until you catch the right one.

PostPosted: Tue Apr 17, 2012 2:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Unfortunately I don't have the right tools for this, I'm afraid I'm going to have to return it Sad

I just did some more testing, and the lens is extremely soft at 2.8, and in fact, it can't focus out past about 1 meter, not~6 as I had mentioned before. Surely this can't be a problem just with the focus ring?

PostPosted: Wed Apr 18, 2012 6:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sirrith wrote:
Unfortunately I don't have the right tools for this, I'm afraid I'm going to have to return it Sad

I just did some more testing, and the lens is extremely soft at 2.8, and in fact, it can't focus out past about 1 meter, not~6 as I had mentioned before. Surely this can't be a problem just with the focus ring?

Could, or couldn't, impossible to say without a close check.

PostPosted: Thu Apr 19, 2012 11:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, whatever it is, its off back to the seller Sad