Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Erratic Dandelion AF Confirm Chip with Canon 7D?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:19 am    Post subject: Erratic Dandelion AF Confirm Chip with Canon 7D? Reply with quote

I think my Dandelion AF Chip is behaving very erratically. I have been told that some erratic behavior is normal. Those of you using the Dandelion AF Chip, (or other similar chips), please have a look at this video and see if this is "Normal" or "Unusual" behavior for this kind of chip.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IC-TQiN0CZU

EDIT: I believe this behavior is due to the advanced metering and AF in the 7D. I suspect the 5D Mk III would also behave this way with a Dandelion AF chip.

Last edited by msowsun on Fri Nov 09, 2012 3:06 am; edited 4 times in total

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Post it again now,as your first post can not contain images or links...anti spam measure.Sorry about the inconvenience.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Okay, thanks. The link is there now.....

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine does the same exact thing, A Dandelion AF chip from Peling. I have tried 3 times with 3 ships all same result. I have the 7D and videos are unusable! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IC-TQiN0CZU

PostPosted: Sat May 12, 2012 8:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mine doesn't do this, but it is quite an odd one... first it won't let me change aperture (not sure this is normal) so I can't control the exif, it will always be stuck at whatever the maximum aperture of the lens I set it as. Then it just randomly decided to change that value to f8 a few days ago. Doesn't have any effect on performance, but its a bit quirky.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 10:49 pm    Post subject: dandelion-eos-chipped-adapters Reply with quote

akfreak wrote:
Mine does the same exact thing, A Dandelion AF chip from Peling. I have tried 3 times with 3 ships all same result. I have the 7D and videos are unusable! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IC-TQiN0CZU

peling? do you mean peleng8?
mine is working properly but finding precise instructions and understanding it was a hard time. btw:one can program it anyway even if cam has no 1/3 stops.
get newest chip version by optixpcb.com in hk. it solves all focussing problems.

PostPosted: Sun May 27, 2012 10:52 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sirrith wrote:
Mine doesn't do this, but it is quite an odd one... first it won't let me change aperture (not sure this is normal) so I can't control the exif, it will always be stuck at whatever the maximum aperture of the lens I set it as. Then it just randomly decided to change that value to f8 a few days ago. Doesn't have any effect on performance, but its a bit quirky.

maybe you should read and understand the instructions set on leitax.com

i had to check and print-out multiple websites for instructions. you will have to invest a lot of time to understand the behaviour of the chip.

cannot help more a the moment. i have posted my observations at a german forum. nothing wrong with my peleng8-dandelion-adapter except the lens-lock which had to be bent inwards otherwise lens could fall-off.....