Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Micro 4/3 to Nikon F mount help please
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 8:38 am    Post subject: Micro 4/3 to Nikon F mount help please Reply with quote

Hello everyone

I'm looking for some information on using manual focus Nikon lenses on m4/3 bodies, particularly the GH1.

First I need an adapter. I've seen some from voigtlander which cost around 200 dollars. Are these good adapters? Are there any cheaper ones you could recommend?

I also have a question about focus conformation. Can I get focus confirmation on a Micro 4/3 camera when using a Nikkor lens?

Thanks in advance Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't have Nikon ones but have and had various other adapters.
Even the cheap adapters are fine.
Those are just adapters and they do not have chips on them , so no focus confirm. I think someone was posting here links for confirm chips for m4/3 .. but really what is the use of it? - it makes no sense to me. You can use the magnified lifeview as with any other manual lens.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 9:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I tried in the past cheap adapters too. Some of them worked fine, some others not.

At the end I decided to buy adapters from a manufacturer with good reputation even they are a little bit more expensive. You own on the left side a very good cam, on the right side perhaps very good lenses and between you will save money and buy cheap with crap risk ? We are talking here beside a general, overall quality about fractions of millimeters tolerances etc.

I can recommend without any restrictions adapters from KIPON. I found here nearby a very nice and helpful dealer and if I need a new one I will have it on my desk within 2 days (not waiting 2 weeks from China btw). I compare every time the quality of the new adapter with my old ones and I always come to the verdict, that the perhaps 10 or 20 € more was a good investment.

For example look here Click here to see on Ebay.de or here Click here to see on Ebay.de

Wink

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys. I'll have a look for those Kipon adapters here in Japan. They are much cheaper than the ones I've been looking at.

I have another question: Has anyone here used a Ais 50/1.4 on a micro 4/3 camera? It seems like it could be a nice portrait lens (100/1.4!) on 2x crop body. What do you think?

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 3:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yebisu wrote:
Thanks guys. I'll have a look for those Kipon adapters here in Japan. They are much cheaper than the ones I've been looking at.

I have another question: Has anyone here used a Ais 50/1.4 on a micro 4/3 camera? It seems like it could be a nice portrait lens (100/1.4!) on 2x crop body. What do you think?

Crop camera make crop from full frame image, not increase focal length to 100mm , working distance from model will be same than if you did with a full frame camera. I did use many years 2x crop cameras, 70-100mm lenses are right one to portraits, not 35-50... with 50mm lens you need be close to model which is not so convince to model . In my experience on m4/3 and 4/3 adapter maker is not relevant even cheapest one works well.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 05, 2011 11:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for input Attila.

PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 2:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi,

ong time lurker and just joined today.

Funnily enough I've just finished putting some old manual Nikons and a micro 4/3 adapter I used them with on ebay. Basically I tend to use them purely with my Micro 4/3 camcorder (Panasonic AF101) as opposed to my stills camera (lumix gf3) and so I am changing glass as I am upgrading the video equipment.

The adapter was pretty expensive but is made very well in the UK and has a manual aperture controller so it can adjust aperture on any lens that is only electronically controlled.

It's this one I have/had and can recommend.

http://www.proav.co.uk/MTF-Nikon-G-To-Micro-4-3-Adaptor/p29028.aspx

EDIT: Results-wise Nikon AIs looks fantastic on my camcorder, especially the 50mm f1.4 and the 35mm f2.8. Not perhaps as razor sharp as my Voigtlander 25mm MFT, but certainly very beautiful.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 28, 2012 4:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have no complaints about the nikon adapter I have from rainbow imaging, in fact I have several adapters from them and they are all good quality solid construction with nice tight fits