Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Nikon 300mm f4.5 AI-S on Olympus E-PL2
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:56 pm    Post subject: Nikon 300mm f4.5 AI-S on Olympus E-PL2 Reply with quote

Just got the adapter for this lens. interested to know what tips people have for using it. I took these at f5.6 ISO 200 which yielded a slow shutter speed of 1/125.

chickadee at feeder 20120324 by ramcewan, on Flickr

chickadee eating 20120324 by ramcewan, on Flickr

crop with some pp

chickadee crop by ramcewan, on Flickr

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 2:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

a few more - still grey but birds are coming in so I grabbed the big Nikon and shot wide open with 1/500 shutter and 1600 ISO. All these shots are w/o PP and they were also shot handheld. The bird is a red-bellied woodpecker and this is the first time he has stuck around long enough to be captured.

P3250997 by ramcewan, on Flickr

P3250998 by ramcewan, on Flickr

crop

P3250998_cropped by ramcewan, on Flickr

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome, do you notice the red flare when you aim directly to light?

PostPosted: Sun Mar 25, 2012 10:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

declan wrote:
Awesome, do you notice the red flare when you aim directly to light?

I haven't tried that yet. Will let you know if I do.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, thanks, i also looking for un upgrade from EPL1....some friends told me about this red flare....looking hear it from you

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 7:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

nice series, beautiful woodpecker!

PostPosted: Mon Mar 26, 2012 4:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

declan wrote:
Yes, thanks, i also looking for un upgrade from EPL1....some friends told me about this red flare....looking hear it from you

I thought you meant a red flare from the lens, sounds like you mean from the camera?

If you have an e-pl1 and are thinking about an upgrade I would not be thinking e-pl2 as it is only an incremental upgrade in a few areas, most notably the LCD resolution is doubled and the kit lens has improved auto-focus. For an upgrade I would be looking at the recently released 16mp OM-D EM-5, all the other PEN series cameras are just incremental feature upgrades from the e-pl1 still with the same sensor. The OM-D EM-5 on the other hand is a true next generation camera, with all the features of the newest PEN series plus new higher resolution sensor and built-in EVF.

PostPosted: Sun Apr 01, 2012 9:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

white breasted nut hatch, f8 1/500

nuthatch 20120401 by ramcewan, on Flickr

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

ramcewan wrote:
declan wrote:

I thought you meant a red flare from the lens, sounds like you mean from the camera?

Yes, i mean from the camera

If you have an e-pl1 and are thinking about an upgrade I would not be thinking e-pl2 as it is only an incremental upgrade in a few areas, most notably the LCD resolution is doubled and the kit lens has improved auto-focus. For an upgrade I would be looking at the recently released 16mp OM-D EM-5, all the other PEN series cameras are just incremental feature upgrades from the e-pl1 still with the same sensor. The OM-D EM-5 on the other hand is a true next generation camera, with all the features of the newest PEN series plus new higher resolution sensor and built-in EVF.

Well, i just bought E-3 after i'm selling my EPL-1 and i attend to had additional epl2 after this. but it probably a change i stick with my epl1....i know it still on the same sensor and processor and yes, it because the higher res and DT art filter also a better grip. thanks mate

PostPosted: Mon Apr 02, 2012 12:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

declan wrote:
ramcewan wrote:
declan wrote:

Yes, i mean from the camera

Well, i just bought E-3 after i'm selling my EPL-1 and i attend to had additional epl2 after this. but it probably a change i stick with my epl1....i know it still on the same sensor and processor and yes, it because the higher res and DT art filter also a better grip. thanks mate

If you want a way to boost the res on your e-pl1 I would highly recommend the VF-2 electronic view finder. This is the one accessory I thought I could do without but now that I have one I don't think I could live without it. If you are patient you can snag one for around $180 factory refurb with a 1 year warranty, they fetch nearly that used so it is not like you will loose money if you decide to ditch the e-pl1 later. On the art filters, I never use them, to me art filters s/b applied in pp so that you haven't locked yourself down at time of photo.