Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Berogon (Isco Westron) 3.5/35 catching colours and shades
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2021 11:20 am    Post subject: Berogon (Isco Westron) 3.5/35 catching colours and shades Reply with quote

This Berogon lens was already reviewed in the forum, unfortunately test images were wiped off in server crashes. But it must be the same lens as Isco Westron 3.5/35, with smaller front element. So that there are some consistent reviews letting make a good idea of the lens' performance.

The following shots were taken with Sony Nex. As the subjects are partly the same as taken with Isco Iscotar 2.8/50, you may refer to them in terms of non-scientific Isco comparison. Following the BW inspiration, I rendered some shots in BW which I find having some nice retro quality.

#1 A close-mid distance shot, at f3.5 unprocessed

#2 The same with contrast and exposure tweaked

#3 The same desaturated

#4 A long distance shot, at f3.5, unprocessed

#5 The same, desaturated

#6 At f8, unprocessed. Not that different from the f3.5 in its central part, but corners are clearly sharper

#7 The same, desaturated

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 7:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Like 1 small Like 1 small Like 1 small

NIce lens, I have it too - somewhere!

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 8:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Smile Too many lenses, and almost each one has its attractive point!

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 12:45 pm    Post subject: Re: Berogon (Isco Westron) 3.5/35 catching colours and shade Reply with quote

alex ph wrote:

#1 A close-mid distance shot, at f3.5 unprocessed

#3 The same desaturated

These are quite wonderful.
There is something beautifully pleasing about these understated images.
Tom

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 4:00 pm    Post subject: Re: Berogon (Isco Westron) 3.5/35 catching colours and shade Reply with quote

Quite nice. I like the atmosphere it creates in the first photo.

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 6:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you very much, Tom. Said bu you, it is worth high. Thank you, Vivaldibow. Just recently I looked through some of your shots here made with Vivitar and Topcor, and was impressed with the a great play of in-focus to OOF.

PostPosted: Mon May 17, 2021 7:54 pm    Post subject: Re: Berogon (Isco Westron) 3.5/35 catching colours and shade Reply with quote

alex ph wrote:
This Berogon lens was already reviewed in the forum, unfortunately test images were wiped off in server crashes. But it must be the same lens as Isco Westron 3.5/35, with smaller front element. So that there are some consistent reviews letting make a good idea of the lens' performance.

The following shots were taken with Sony Nex. As the subjects are partly the same as taken with Isco Iscotar 2.8/50, you may refer to them in terms of non-scientific Isco comparison. Following the BW inspiration, I rendered some shots in BW which I find having some nice retro quality.

#2 The same with contrast and exposure tweaked

#3 The same desaturated

Like 1 Like 1 I like very much but those floating windows are so weird, the background foliage seems to appear through a transparent wall?

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2021 7:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

What a great intuition about the transparent wall and floating windows. I did not see it like that just because the wall in front of me was so material. Thank you, Visualopsins, for broadening the viewpoint.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2022 2:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple more shots from this lens, closer

PostPosted: Sun Mar 13, 2022 9:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a copy with ISCO labeling. I just love the zeba versions with polished surfaces and painted grip knurls.