Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

1959 Minolta Auto Tele Rokkor PG 135mm f2.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 14, 2012 9:06 pm    Post subject: 1959 Minolta Auto Tele Rokkor PG 135mm f2.8 Reply with quote

I was looking thru the Bay listings, and ran across this. After cross referencing a couple Minolta sites I realized this was a 1959 lens.
Of course the collectors really want the Chrome fstop 1958 version, and so do I, but a 1959 will do nicely. Very Happy
Now I just need to find original caps,case,and hood. Laughing
Performance wise this isn't the model I'd choose, but maybe I will get a nice suprise.

Click here to see on Ebay

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 1:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thats a great price. Normally these go for more, maybe $30+
The collectors are indeed after early Minoltas.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 7:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, it's alot of fun to try early glass. Part of the fun is to see how cheap I can get them. Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 8:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow ... for that price!
Congratulations; I hope it will deliver an interesting IQ.
I was searching for the 135mm 4.0 preset for money like that (have the bellows version), but did not succeed yet.
Nice build optics.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 9:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minolfan wrote:
Wow ... for that price!
Congratulations; I hope it will deliver an interesting IQ.
I was searching for the 135mm 4.0 preset for money like that (have the bellows version), but did not succeed yet.
Nice build optics.

Thanks. I'm really curious about the IQ. Either way it should be fun to try. Smile
I've been really lucky to get all by lenses cheap. By the way I paid $2.25 for my 135 4.0 preset. Very Happy

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 10:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice one Walter! I haven't seen this style before. I hope the seller is as wrong about it not being "SLR-compatible" as he is about the date! Smile

PostPosted: Thu Mar 15, 2012 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

walter g wrote:
I've been really lucky to get all by lenses cheap. By the way I paid $2.25 for my 135 4.0 preset. Laughing

Aren't you giving me false hope Shocked ?

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

peterqd wrote:
Nice one Walter! I haven't seen this style before. I hope the seller is as wrong about it not being "SLR-compatible" as he is about the date! Smile

Thanks. Smile
I saw that too. Don't know what he meant by it. Confused
I will post an update when I get it.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 16, 2012 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Minolfan wrote:
walter g wrote:
I've been really lucky to get all by lenses cheap. By the way I paid $2.25 for my 135 4.0 preset. Laughing

Aren't you giving me false hope Shocked ?

This is the cheapest I've seen, but I have seen a few others sell pretty low in the last year.Best deals have been on the Bay UK.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 17, 2012 4:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a beauty I got it today.Sad to say the appeture doen't work, it's stuck wide open. Sad
I wiil post a picture of the lens soon. I will post some test pictures as soon as I'm able, but it probably won't be until early april.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 2:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice seller. I'm keeping the lens, and got a great discount. Very Happy I will try to post some pictures wide open when I'm able. The repair will have to wait till later.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 18, 2012 8:58 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A couple of quick test pics at f2.8.Resized and sharpened. No other PP.