Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Nikon is applying the patent for the lens 135mm f1.8 + VR +
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:58 pm    Post subject: Nikon is applying the patent for the lens 135mm f1.8 + VR + Reply with quote

see this > http://egami.blog.so-net.ne.jp/2012-03-09

lens for FF of course
15 element / 9 group
2 ED elements
IF (Inner Focus)
VR (Vibration Reduction)

Spherical aberration -0.03mm at the corners
Astigmatism +/- 0.1mm at the corners
Distortion +1%
LaCA -0.01mm (lateral chromatic aberration)

It would be very expensive (and heavy) when they sell it, I guess.

(This should be in the nikon-rumour-site, but at least you can see it in here before. Very Happy )

Last edited by koji on Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:24 pm; edited 2 times in total

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 2:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

15 elements Shocked it must be, by large, the new record for a medium tele prime.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 3:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, the element count sounds high for this focal length… perhaps the VR requires additional elements?

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:24 am    Post subject: 15 elements Reply with quote

That's computer design and coatings for you. Best Minolta MD 135mm/f2.8 was 4 lenses in 4 groups. Now they use 15 elements... I'm sure in theory it's a great lens, with low level of aberrations that is impossible in a simple 4/4 design. I am a bit skeptical though. With 15 elements, it's 15 opportunities for something to get misaligned.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 5:17 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hey !
Nikon has some left over glass from their next mirrorless system Wink
Gotta do something with it. Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Orio wrote:
15 elements Shocked it must be, by large, the new record for a medium tele prime.

Well, the new stabilized Sigma 150/2.8 APO macro has 19 elements in 13 groups. What we´ll see in the future?