Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tele-Raynox 135mm 2.8 preset
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Mar 05, 2012 11:50 pm    Post subject: Tele-Raynox 135mm 2.8 preset Reply with quote

With an Exakta RTL1000 came an unknown preset lens Tele-Raynox 135mm 2.8 (T2, Exakta).
MFD is 1.80m now; at first the focusing ring appeared to be lubricated with epoxy at infinity. Aperture blades too much to count.
Filter 58mm.
Does anyone know more about the possible manufacturer, has some experience with such lens?

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 12:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Almost certainly a T-mount lens.

Raynox is a distributors brand. Its still around today.

This is probably a very late preset type, could be mid-1970's or even later. No-name presets were sold into the early 1980's.

By that time there were many companies making cheap lenses, some are made in Korea.

It does not look like any of the "classic" Japanese presets of the 1960's.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 7:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

On the barrel is written "made in Japan"; the export seal is still there, so I don't think its Korean. The T-mount can be changed.
Remarkable for me was the large filterthread with 58mm.
I had no idea that preset 135s were made in Japan after begin 70s.

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 12:36 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Could be a part of this series: http://forum.mflenses.com/mistery-lenses-collection-t23606.html

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 8:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

At least an intriguing idea!
No 100% match there I believe.