Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Vivitar 28-85mm f2.8-3.8 Nikon AI mount give away
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Oct 23, 2011 6:52 pm    Post subject: Vivitar 28-85mm f2.8-3.8 Nikon AI mount give away Reply with quote

I bought this lens "for parts only" thinking I could fix the aperture control easily. However, I was wrong. I took the lens apart and re-assemble it. Now the lens does not focus properly and it would not zoom to 28mm. Crying or Very sad

So, if you are handy fixing lens, it is yours for free.

The optics is in average conditions. There are some dents and scratch marks, and some dusts inside as expected. The rear lens element is not bad. It still takes pictures at 85mm within 1 m.

I have the repair manuals as well if you need them. It was too complex for me.

Lesson learned for me. Zoom lenses are far too complex to play around with. Never mess with the focusing helicoid.

PostPosted: Mon Oct 24, 2011 4:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

No interest?

PostPosted: Mon Nov 28, 2011 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks to Pancolart, this lens now has a new home. Very Happy

I hope it will be put it to good use soon.

Also I thank him for agreeing to donate the postage cost to Attila / MFLenses Forum.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank's Sting. I'll do my best. Donation completed.

PostPosted: Wed Nov 30, 2011 7:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Pancolart wrote:
Thank's Sting. I'll do my best. Donation completed.

Yeah, I look forward to it. I did wreck the lens, but all pieces were put back together, so I think it should easy to restore with the right skills.

Thanks!

PostPosted: Tue Mar 06, 2012 9:03 am    Post subject: A little late Reply with quote

I was wondering if there is any spare parts that I could get from someone that has a Kiron (Nikon AI) 28-85mm. Specifically interested in the aperture mechanism.

Right now I have 2 versions of the Kiron/Kino:
-Nikon mount type with completely unusable aperture mechanism and perfect glass
-Pentax mount type that doesn't fit my Nikon FE with bad glass

Any help would be appreciated.