Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

SIGMA YS 3.5/200mm no soft-focus version
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 8:12 pm    Post subject: SIGMA YS 3.5/200mm no soft-focus version Reply with quote

This lens is quite good. Better then average YS lens. It's very usable wide open, nice bokeh, CA controlled very well. Attention: YS lenses should be left standing on mount and not the other way around. Or grease from focusing helicoid will reach aperture blades. Verified (i had to re-clean). As you can see bellow we have moved from -10 to nearly +20 here in SLO.

Birds story:

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Not bad at all, better than I would expect from a Sigma. Send some of your Slovenian weather to England and hurry up please!

PostPosted: Fri Mar 02, 2012 9:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Looks much better than my Sigma macro 200/3.5.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes, this one has no macro (system focusing) function. It has 5 elements, 3 in front, 2 in back.
Here some more and comparison wide-open, closed a bit - last four photos. Tough light.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Except the bokeh which looks a little harsh to me it seems to be a very lens. Congrats.
But I would prefer your weather over your lens Smile

Can you post a pic of the lens, please?