Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Kinotel #1372 and Kinotar # 6208 Cine lenses
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 7:39 am    Post subject: Kinotel #1372 and Kinotar # 6208 Cine lenses Reply with quote

Anyone know anthing about either lens. These are D mount right? I want to get the adapter ordered.Both lenses were less then $10 with shipping. Listing pic.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 8:59 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I know I will only get macro, but will they cover m4/3 sensor? If they will I thought about machining off 5mm from each lens so I get infinity. These seem to be pretty common lenses. I'm hoping they have good IQ and Bokeh.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 11:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know those particular lenses and will they have enough space for machining.
Seems like the rear glass of the tele lenses is further away from the mount and will have enough coverage.

So let see when you get them how does the rear part looks like.

PostPosted: Thu Feb 23, 2012 12:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Keep lenses by your hands bellow to sensor, I think it will not cover it at all.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 1:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys. I will check them when I get them.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 11:37 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've had the lenses for quite awhile, but I decided to wait for the adapter. The one on the right isn't really usable, it's a 7mm wideangle f2.5 lens with no focusing.

The Kinotel is what I was curious about, it's a 1 1/2" f3.5 lens with focusing. No way to machine these, by the way.
1st shot at f3.5,2nd, and 3rd at f4-5.6, . All resized and minor reshapening, no other PP.
After my pinched nerve heals, I will retest this lens with a tripod. These were shot in the evening, next time I will shoot earlier.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 1:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Last one. None of the images are cropped, this is the actual coverage.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 8:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The third and the last one are very nice.

PostPosted: Fri Mar 09, 2012 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

std wrote:
The third and the last one are very nice.

Thank you. It was a nice suprise to get this good of coverage with a d mount lens.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The weather is still drab, and overcast, but here is one at f8.