Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Carl Zeiss Jena Tessar 50mm f/3.5 1Q (EXA) & NEX5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:56 am    Post subject: Carl Zeiss Jena Tessar 50mm f/3.5 1Q (EXA) & NEX5 Reply with quote

A really neat lens for the NEX. I don't understand - but am very grateful to - why Orio sold it, but he certainly must have had his reasons Smile
Its serial (3692001) can be traced back to a batch of 2000 lenses released on May 17 1952, of which this lens was the first one. The presence of the "1Q" and a red T (or something that resembles it...) on the front indicates that the lens was produced for export, which is also indicated by the distance scale (in feet).
The dedicated ARG-file that I use for this lens: czjtessar50exa.txt

Code:
 -n
-XMP:Lens=Carl Zeiss Jena Tessar 50mm f/3.5 (EXA)
-XMP:SerialNumber=3692001
-EXIF:MaxApertureValue=3.5
-EXIF:FocalLength=50
-EXIF:FocalLengthIn35mmFormat=50
-EXIF:FNumber=3.5

You can take a look at the CZJ Tessar gallery on my website, or read my blog, or look at the photos here:

I will soon post some examples where I used this lens to make nocturnal panoramas.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is one of the rarest and smallest Tessar 5cm, congrats!

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Nice Tessar with "flying kite".
Nicely presented!

Klaus

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 10:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've got one of these little guys as well in the same mount and also with a red 'T' but with a metric distance scale. S/n is 3575216.

A wee tip for anyone that has one is that the lid from the current Fuji film cans makes a good push-in front lens cap... Wink

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 11:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bob955i wrote:
I've got one of these little guys as well in the same mount and also with a red 'T' but with a metric distance scale. S/n is 3575216.

A wee tip for anyone that has one is that the lid from the current Fuji film cans makes a good push-in front lens cap... Wink

Thanks for tip!