Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Velvia 100 from last year
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:00 pm    Post subject: Velvia 100 from last year Reply with quote

So I've caught the dreaded norovirus and have to stay home from work. Between (very) frequent trips to the bathroom I am going through films I scanned but didn't have chance to check properly.

These are from my first ever roll of slide film (Velvia 100) shot on a Nikon U with the 28-80 kit zoom sometime in autumn last year.

Thanks for looking.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Beautiful!!
I have not yet tried slide film myself... but I am keen to try seeing you results from your first go! Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:50 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hood wrote:
Beautiful!!
I have not yet tried slide film myself... but I am keen to try seeing you results from your first go! Very Happy

Thanks. You should try it. It's expensive to buy and develop but worth it. There is hardly any post production on these btw. Some scans needed a levels adjustment for colour balance but that's all.

The best thing about shooting slide film is looking at the developed slides for the first time on a light box. They look so much better than the scans It was magical. I have another roll of Velvia 100 but haven't used it yet. I have to find a subject (and weather) worthy of all the hassle and expense Very Happy

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats why we shoot slides, right? just gorgeous color, so distinctive. thanks.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 29, 2012 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Love velvia colors. The water pump for me.

PostPosted: Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The colors are beautiful...thanks for posting these.