Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Dismantling Vivitar series 1 35-85mm 2.8
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jun 02, 2010 7:49 pm    Post subject: Dismantling Vivitar series 1 35-85mm 2.8 Reply with quote

i got this lens at photo fair in my city, and i made a mistake of not checking it completely, so later i found out that it has fungus... so i tried to clean it...without success but i can share how to dismantle it and reassemble it...hope it helps someone

if you want to access front glass elements set the lens at 85mm focal length and focus at minimum so the part with glass elements protrudes enough so you can unscrew it by hand, turn counterclockwise to unscrew . now you can take out front 2 glass elements and clean them.also front side of the 3rd glass element.

other thing that you can take apart is focusing ring that is 2-part and used to change focal length and focus
first use screwdriver to get under rubber grip

when you remove rubber grip you have 2 screws in grooves on opposite sides

when you unscrew them you can find two more screws in deeper grooves

now you can take off the focusing ring , it is comprised of two parts screwed together. inner part has a red dot and can be unscrewed from the outer part. when you do that you can take outer part and get access to screws in deeper grooves to screw them back in if you unscrewed them earlier.

that's dismantling (well not totally, but most of it)

to reassemble go in reverse

PostPosted: Thu Dec 06, 2012 6:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's incredibly helpful. Thank you so much for taking the time to post!