Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Asahi Opt. Co. Japan Takumar 300mm F4
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 3:45 pm    Post subject: Asahi Opt. Co. Japan Takumar 300mm F4 Reply with quote

Got this lens recently, it has quite a lot of cleaning scratch on the front element and some dust (fungus?) inside.

All of them are at f5.6

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi, I have this lens in mint condition,got it with about 9 other lenses inc the 50mm and 100 mm macros but haven't tried it yet but your shots look pretty good seeing condition,would be worth a CLA.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There were two Takumar 300/4 made. The first focuses only to 8m/25ft; the second to 5.5m/25ft. Both are big (82mm filters) and heavy, 1375g & 1525g respectively. The first has 3/3 optics; the second 4/4. Would you mind posting a photo of the lens? Smile

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

visualopsins wrote:
There were two Takumar 300/4 made. The first focuses only to 8m/25ft; the second to 5.5m/25ft. Both are big (82mm filters) and heavy, 1375g & 1525g respectively. The first has 3/3 optics; the second 4/4. Would you mind posting a photo of the lens? Smile

You can see a picture of the lens in the "Best bargain" thread. It's one of the first version. It's not the super takumar or "pentax" branded.

Edit : It focus to 7.5m (~25ft) minimum Smile

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wow, that is the very first 300/4 Takumar! Gerjan says manufactured Spring 1958-1962.

Andreq wrote:

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I knew that I had a good deal when I saw the case :

PostPosted: Sat Mar 10, 2012 3:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I took the plunge and cleaned the lens the best as I could. I might have removed most of the coating in the process. Since it was not in very good shape... I don't think it's such a big deal since uncoated are still quite good Smile . I gained some sharpness, but lost a bit of contrast (can be corrected in PP).

Here's the new samples. I used my Xt since my t2i battery was dead.

Most of them are F8, only the first one was wide open (wasn't ready for this shot Wink)