Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Tamron 28mm f2.8 - optical diagram?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Feb 21, 2012 6:00 pm    Post subject: Tamron 28mm f2.8 - optical diagram? Reply with quote

Hi there,

I have a Tamron 28mm f2.8 which doesn't focus to infinity. It doesn't look like it's been tampered with, but the rear elements are easily removeable. So, if anyone has a link to an optical diagram for this lens I would appreciate it, so I can check they are all in their right places.

Thanks.

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 3:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What model is your lens? I am hoping they all share the same design.

Cheerio

PostPosted: Wed Feb 22, 2012 6:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for that diagram. The model of my lens seems to the CW-28 here. Your diagram confirms the rear 3 elements are indeed correct. But,as I say, no infinity focus. Looks like it must have been apart and the helicoid re-assembled incorrectly. I'll have to dig deeper. Ironic that the blurb tells me that everything is in focus at f16, whereas on my one, nothing is! Thanks again for the info.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

martyn_bannister wrote:
Thanks for that diagram. The model of my lens seems to the CW-28 here. Your diagram confirms the rear 3 elements are indeed correct. But,as I say, no infinity focus. Looks like it must have been apart and the helicoid re-assembled incorrectly. I'll have to dig deeper. Ironic that the blurb tells me that everything is in focus at f16, whereas on my one, nothing is! Thanks again for the info.

You're wellcome- good idea to know how the elemens are stacked up-before getting your hands dirty.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 4:37 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I had one of these and it wasn't much good, might be better off leaving it and getting another 28.

PostPosted: Tue Feb 28, 2012 1:31 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I got this lens off the bay recently and ran a free roll of KG400 (thanks, Ron) through a Canon TLb
to check the meter. Got the camera body for $15 with good lightseals, meter works well with zinc air battery:

cropped square, shot at f4 (as I remember)

another square crop, KG400 colro:

Close focuses to 10", probably pretty close to that for this shot. Don't much like the colors of this film, but converts well.

Not ideal for portraits, but on a crop sensor DSLR, I think this lens will do quite well.