Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

curious about a lens, 135mm 15 blade preset
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:26 pm    Post subject: curious about a lens, 135mm 15 blade preset Reply with quote

I picked up a nice kit today a Ihagee Varex body with what I think has a broken film advance system (that's for another thread) with a 50mm Tessar, a 135mm Travenar, 35mm Lithagon and an extra lens a Cunor 135mm 2.8 in T2 mount

I didn't think much of the Cunor but it was a cheap add on to the kit and I couldn't find any reference online about it. to my surprise its a nice looking lens with a 15 blade iris. its got me a bit intrigued as to whom the manufacturer is? the serial number starts with a H43.

I know I have seen a reference to the H serial numbers but I can't seem to find it anywhere, so any help would be appreciated.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very likely a Tokina. I have a 105 in that brand.
Could be other things too of course.
Cunor seems to have been a US importers brand, one of the less common ones.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:10 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yeah from my searches serial numbers starting with H4 are kawanon:

http://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/10-pentax-slr-lens-discussion/190596-soligor-135mm-f2-8-m42.html

but the only reference I could find was a 12 blade preset for the 135mm from kawanon:

forum.mflenses.com/kawanon-2-8-135mm-12-blades-t2-t43207.html

I'm going to search for tokina variants now Luis.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:17 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

and here we go, so it seems it is indeed a Tokina as the lens looks the same:

forum.mflenses.com/third-party-japanese-lenses-models-and-makers-t45463.html

thanks for the always very helpful insight Luis;)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I posted less than a year ago on a Cunor 35. Here is the link:

http://forum.mflenses.com/cunor-35mm-f2-8-t65497,highlight,%2Bcunor.html

It's fair to say, I think, threads mentioning Cunor in the title need to be undertaken with a bit of caution and a thick skin. Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

lol I actually remember the thread from back then but didn't piece it together, and yes it has very similar styling to the 105mm I have but the lettering is a bit different.

searches for a 135mm 15 blade lens kept brining up the pentacon, which it isn't!

I actually bought the kit for resale but honestly these exacta lenses are very pretty;) not much info on them except the 50mm other than they were the cheaper options available at the time and I'd have to make or get an adapter but.....I think I want to keep them just for looks alone.