Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Komura 135/3.5
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:00 am    Post subject: Komura 135/3.5 Reply with quote

I love this lens but I only use it occasionally. It doesn't focus to infinity on my Nikon DSLR. It's great for flowers and other close ups though. There was a short break in the rain so I ran out and fired off some shots.

Here's the lens. Best 500 yen (5 euro) I've ever spent Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm a real fan of Komura lenses they have a beautiful rendering.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's lovely samples, nice colors and smooth bokeh/rendering.....

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Good value for sure, nice find! Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice, I particularly like #3.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 1:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I'll definitely buy any Komuras I see going for cheap.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 11:46 am    Post subject: Re: Komura 135/3.5 Reply with quote

Yebisu wrote:
I love this lens but I only use it occasionally. It doesn't focus to infinity on my Nikon DSLR.

Do you use it with T2-Nikon adapter or you have T2-M42-Nikon combination? First one should give you infinity.

Great samples! I like this lens a lot too.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 8:29 am    Post subject: Re: Komura 135/3.5 Reply with quote

Pancolart wrote:
Yebisu wrote:
I love this lens but I only use it occasionally. It doesn't focus to infinity on my Nikon DSLR.

Do you use it with T2-Nikon adapter or you have T2-M42-Nikon combination? First one should give you infinity.

Great samples! I like this lens a lot too.

I use it with a cheap (10 euro) metal adapter so I don't get infinity. I heard that the glass in the adapters can degrade image quality. Is this true?

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 10:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Shortly: I'd vote yes.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 27, 2012 6:31 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The Komura lenses came in different mounts, which are removable. I have purchased Komura lenses and then looked for the proper mounts separately.

PostPosted: Fri Aug 08, 2014 12:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Komura pre-set 3.5/135 on K-10D
Taken in our front yard
OH

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 7:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Late afternoon sun on the jacaranda.
OH

PostPosted: Sat Aug 09, 2014 3:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's a very nice lens. I have one plus the f/2.8 version. They are both small and well built. Good colors and that wonderful multi-many-bladed diaphragm makes the bokeh nice at all apertures.

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:08 pm    Post subject: Komura 135 f3.5 preset Reply with quote

I have had one for years, but have only just tried it on an old Canon 20D,and am very impressed. Now all I need to do is find a mount that I can exchange the M42 one on the lens for a Nikon as I am keen to try it on my D600.

Last edited by Jonah on Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:55 pm; edited 3 times in total

PostPosted: Sat Jan 10, 2015 4:13 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That lens handles colour beautifully, the soft shades look superb.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 12:15 pm    Post subject: Re: Komura 135 f3.5 preset Reply with quote

Jonah wrote:
I have had one for years, but have only just tried it on an old Canon 20D,and am very impressed. Now all I need to do is find a mount that I can exchange the M42 one on the lens for a Nikon as I am keen to try it on my D600.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 3:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Wonderful dog picture - really good.

While not my sharpest or fastest 135mm lens, it is plenty sharp with great color and bokeh.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stunning colors on that first shot, Woodrim. The composition is also lovely.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 5:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

JJB wrote:
Stunning colors on that first shot, Woodrim. The composition is also lovely.

Judy, Judy, Judy (I've always wanted to say that) Smile Thank you. When I first viewed the image from the camera, I was most impressed in the way the lens captured the texture of the leaves. When I think of the lens in terms of sharpness, I always think back to that image. And BTW, I will finally be receiving my ISCO 3.5/135 this week from the repair guy.

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope you enjoy the ISCO! I'm sure we can anticipate some lovely samples from you once it's in your hands.

Regarding the OP, I have a lens that looks very similar but under the Rexatar labeling. I found it to be surprisingly good.