Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

need help identifying sanko koki komura 135mm 3.5 mount
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 6:39 am    Post subject: need help identifying sanko koki komura 135mm 3.5 mount Reply with quote

So i'm just starting a mf lens collection of my own. quite new to0 photography as well and i cannot identify a lot of mounts. i have been trying to identify this mount type on these komura lenses to avail. it seems to measure 47mm, but i've been researching all over the net and cannot find lenses that come with that size thread; which leaves me to think that the lens may be missing another part. i do apologize in advance if this question is stupid, but any help would be much appreciated. thanks.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:03 am    Post subject: Re: need help identifying sanko koki komura 135mm 3.5 mount Reply with quote

Kongtxoua wrote:
So i'm just starting a mf lens collection of my own. quite new to0 photography as well and i cannot identify a lot of mounts. i have been trying to identify this mount type on these komura lenses to avail. it seems to measure 47mm, but i've been researching all over the net and cannot find lenses that come with that size thread; which leaves me to think that the lens may be missing another part. i do apologize in advance if this question is stupid, but any help would be much appreciated. thanks.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

in first post images are blocked as a spam measure, from now they will be shown as they should be

as for this lens, it looks to me that either something is missing from the mount, or this is lens for movie camera

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:47 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have to agree, looks like it's missing it's mount, you didn't show it's aperture ring with the f-stop numbers.
A new mount shouldn't be impossible to manufacture for a machine shop & Lens tech, finding it's image plane will be the first thing you need to do, ie. when focused at infinity a subject at a great distance is sharp when projected onto a surface, then measure the distance from the surface to the back of the lens as accurately as possible, then all you need to do is decide which mount you want, M42 or EF would be my first choices, then the rest of the calculations & design work can be done.
I'm sure there are people on this board that could do it, you just have to decide if it's worth it.
Good luck. Smile

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here´s a thread with possibly the same lens (near bottom of the page)
http://forum.mflenses.com/itohkogaku-higon-135-3-5-preset-samples-t19061.html

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 11:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a 2.5/35 that looks exactly like this - barrel styling, fonts, numbers etc. - it is in m42 mount, and it doesn't look like the mount is removable.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 3:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks so much for the replays guys I really do appreciate it. I'm going to try to dig a little deeper, and I nothing comes up ill think of manufacturing a mount for it. Does anyone know how much that usually cost? If not it'll probably just go on ebay. Got the lens for cheap at a thrift store, just really want to try it out. oh, and sorry about the pictures, i wasn't quite sure on how to formally take pictures of the lenses. well here is one with the aperture rings showing.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 22, 2013 7:51 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have that one, its a wonderful lens, sharp as the 135/3.5 Takumar but with better bokeh and "golden" colors.

Sadly, the guys are right. The mount is missing from this one.

Some of these had fixed mounts, some used Komuras interchangeable mount system.
Komura actually had four interchangable mounts systems, but the one that applies in this case may be the Unidapter.

Yours actually looks like it was a fixed mount, which was also screwed in place but additionally held fixed with setscrews, unlike the Unidapter.

This really doesn't help you if it is the interchangeable Unidapter one as they are nearly impossible to find loose. The only way to buy a Unidapter is to find one on a lens.

Anyway, one way to tell what you've got is the screw thread. If its a 44mm thread (M44) it may be the Unidapter.

One possible solution is to try rig a T-mount to fit over the threads (look in ebay for M42 "T-mount" or "T2 mount", etc.). A T-mount has an outer shell with the lens mount and an inner ring that can be removed by loosening three setscrews. Your lens may fit into the outer shell and it may be possible to hold the mount on with the setscrews.