Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

1120mm FF equivalent (Pentax Q + 200mm f/5.6 Tele-Takumar)
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:09 pm    Post subject: 1120mm FF equivalent (Pentax Q + 200mm f/5.6 Tele-Takumar) Reply with quote

Just a nice exercise. The 200mm Tele-Takumar is not APO and of course f/5.6 is well beyond the diffraction limit of the Q. But it's nice to see what's possible with very old glass.

I used the Q on a very sturdy tripod, a C mount to Q adapter and on that a M42 to C mount adapter.

Don't forget that this is 1120mm equivalent compared to FF, or 750mm on APS-C. It will enlarge all optical flaws a lens has.

4. Through double-pane glass

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

looks pretty good to me peter. i really didnt expect much from this camera, but have seen some nice images from it.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks! Actually the Q is a very good photographer's camera if you can look beyond its size and its tiny sensor.

By the way, its standard lens, the 01 Standard Prime, is VERY sharp and contrasty right from wide open. Nice! I'll post some samples when I have something interesting to show Wink

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

why did you use 400 iso, is it the minimum of the Q ?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 24, 2012 9:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

poilu wrote:
why did you use 400 iso, is it the minimum of the Q ?

Have you seen the shutter speeds? Actually it was VERY bad, dark and drizzly outside. I don't think the noise is obtrusive. By the way, the minimum ISO of the Q is 125.

And how the whole set-up looks like. Maybe it would be the bird photographer's dream if it delivered FF quality shots Very Happy Very Happy
But indeed, it's quite small and light.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 2:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow ! that's a focal length. Great experiment ...

Cheers
Tobias

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 7:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Tobias! Smile

Tonight I tried to catch the moon as well:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow that's stunning !
just wondered: what was the shutter speed ?

Cheers
Tobias

PostPosted: Sat Feb 25, 2012 10:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The moon shot is really good.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 26, 2012 6:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks!

Tobias: the EXIF is still there, but it was 1/80s.