Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

NX100 EVF - worth buying?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:14 am    Post subject: NX100 EVF - worth buying? Reply with quote

I've decided to buy an NX100 as a second camera - mainly because they are so cheap compared to th competition.

I've not heard good things about the EVF, but would it be worth getting one if it was reasonably inexpensive - I think I may be able to get a refurbished NX100 with kit lens and EVF for just over £200.

Any advice gratefully received.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

well i havent used the samsung vf, but i admire the files from the camera. i can tell you that for me, i could not properly focus on my olly ep1 w/o vf. it was constantly frustrating and many times i wanted to smash the camera against the wall.

i traded it in for ep2 and evf and viola! happiness, nirvana, ectasy. etc followed. now the olly evf is universally praised, its very high quality. but the main thing is having focusing up by your eye has to be better, plus being able to brace cam against head cuts down on cam shake. to me its a no brainer.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:36 pm    Post subject: NX-10 Reply with quote

You could try a NX-10 instead of a NX100. Internally it's exactly the same camera, only a little bit larger, but has the advantage of having the EVF and flash built-in, the NX100 doesn't. The EVF is very usable.

Probably you can find a NX-10 for the same price or a little lower than the NX-100.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:13 pm    Post subject: Re: NX-10 Reply with quote

dragom wrote:
You could try a NX-10 instead of a NX100. Internally it's exactly the same camera, only a little bit larger, but has the advantage of having the EVF and flash built-in, the NX100 doesn't. The EVF is very usable.

Probably you can find a NX-10 for the same price or a little lower than the NX-100.

I'd considered the NX10 but I the flash is wasted on me and adds to the bulk - the whole point is I want something smaller than a DSLR. And for some reason even used, the NX10 is more expensive than the NX100.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 5:22 pm    Post subject: Re: NX-10 Reply with quote

Alternate Internet ID wrote:
I'd considered the NX10 but I the flash is wasted on me and adds to the bulk - the whole point is I want something smaller than a DSLR. And for some reason even used, the NX10 is more expensive than the NX100.

I have both and the size isn't that different. It's basically the same size, altough the NX-10 is a little higher (1cm more or less). Weight is similar.

I managed to buy both by the same price, and if you buy the EVF for the NX100 the price will be high, as this is somehow rare and high priced.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yesterday I did a quick look in NX11 EVF it was almost same crap than my NX100 external VF Laughing

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:56 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There are several sources for the EVF on e*ay. I purchased one for $133US earlier this week - free S&H. There were some priced around 10$US cheaper, but their feedbacks were under 100. I just checked the FedEx tracking and it was shipped from an Alaskan, USA city and is already only 250 miles away from me in Upstate, NY.

I got it mainly to help out when I can't use the Zombie posture and walk in crowds. Otherwise, I just set on AF with the 20-50mm kit lens and shoot from the hip for street shots- the only actual use I wanted the NX100 for.

I have an Olympus E510 if I want a small sized DSLR with live view, viewfinder, manual focus lenses and image stabilization built in the body.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 9:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Yesterday I did a quick look in NX11 EVF it was almost same crap than my NX100 external VF Laughing

Wrong, it's at least double the resolution. Smile

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:23 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

RE: the purchase of an EVF10 viewfinder for my NX100 this week.

Paid via PayPal on Feb 15 at 16:50 EST
Received via FedEx on Feb 17 at 12:00 (Noon) EST
2 day free delivery from Seoul, Korea to Syracuse, NY, USA

The dealer's e*ay name is FASTTERAKOREA

The resolution of the EVF10 is more than adequate for usage with the kit lens 20-50mm on AF as a framing lens for street shooting.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Has anybody tried it with an OVF?

I found this on my travels and I'm guessing it would be fine for use with an AF lens.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:16 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Alternate Internet ID wrote:
Has anybody tried it with an OVF?

I found this on my travels and I'm guessing it would be fine for use with an AF lens.

With an AF lens surely it will be fine, NX100 has stunning LCD display even on strongest sun acceptable visible , framing is no problem.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 9:18 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

http://forum.mflenses.com/recommend-fastterakorea-t47281.html