Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Wray Castle, Windermere, Cumbria, UK
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:24 pm    Post subject: Wray Castle, Windermere, Cumbria, UK Reply with quote

A wierd Victorian house that looks like a castle, Meyer Primagon on NEX-3:

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 11:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Magical images , congrats!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
Magical images , congrats!

+1
# 2 & 4 are fantastic !

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

#2, #3, #4 and #8 are my choices.
You should have a shift lens, that would give a perspective with perfect straight lines. Stitching with shift lens can also be done while remain straigh lines of bricks.
Very nice photo, very nice place, just wonder is there a toilet, water, electricity inside? That would be very nice to stay for a few days Cool

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks guys. I do want a T/S lens for exactly that reason.

Inside is lovely, shame it's not being used, it was being used by a telecomms training company.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 11:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Dramatic and nice HDR , it looks like in a movie or a game Wink

They knew how to build solid back in the days Very Happy

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 12:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
Thanks guys. I do want a T/S lens for exactly that reason.

Inside is lovely, shame it's not being used, it was being used by a telecomms training company.

Hoanpham had a thread of shots from a NEX t/s adapter, I don't recall which brand it was or how much.

I saw this DIY t/s hack job the other day, might be a good project for a rainy day -

http://www.diyphotography.net/create-a-tilf-shit-lens-from-a-shower-head-a-rubber-glove-and-a-nifty-fifty

EDIT - forgot to say, nice shots!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 1:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was thinking a t/s adapter and a MF lens like a Flektogon 50mm would be the best route for me as proper t/s lenses are really expensive.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 3:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow, great photos, do you use a program for HDR or is it done in NEX?

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:19 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I use Photomatix 3.2 to make the HDRs. Time consuming but worth it.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very intense.
And beautiful landscape panorama as usual.
Which telecom was there? Did they left? I want to work in a freaking castle too!

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 10:46 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The images look surreal! Shocked You are clearly a master of his craft.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 19, 2012 12:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The training company still exists, but the castle is empty, you can see a lot of antennae on the roof, must have been high-level training methinks.

http://www.wraycastle.com/

Thanks for the kind words, I have practised and practised and practised, shooting almost every day.

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 9:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Kipon has a shift adapter for Nex using nikon F mount.
Nex has crop sensor, so any 'FF' lens should be usable, may be not fully shift, but I hardly use fully shift myself.

I don't have the kipon shift adapter, but tilt adapter from Ezfoto from amazon.com and shift lenses. As for shift, the wider the better but no fish-eye. A relatively cheap shift setup would be Tokina 17mm in nikon mount, or 20mm ais, or any 3rd party 24mm in nikon F mount.

I am volunteer to stay in that 'castle'. Is it for sale? Laughing

PostPosted: Mon Feb 20, 2012 2:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hoanpham wrote:
Kipon has a shift adapter for Nex using nikon F mount.
Nex has crop sensor, so any 'FF' lens should be usable, may be not fully shift, but I hardly use fully shift myself.

I don't have the kipon shift adapter, but tilt adapter from Ezfoto from amazon.com and shift lenses. As for shift, the wider the better but no fish-eye. A relatively cheap shift setup would be Tokina 17mm in nikon mount, or 20mm ais, or any 3rd party 24mm in nikon F mount.

I am volunteer to stay in that 'castle'. Is it for sale? Laughing

Thanks for the tips Hoan, I happen to have a Tokina 17mm in Konica AR mount, I also have a Konica 21mm so those two should do the job.

I don't know if the castle is for sale, the grounds of the castle are owned by the National Trust and are therefore open to the public, I don't know if they also own the castle itself or not. It would make an amazing hotel, that's for sure.