Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Carnival of Busseto 2008
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:13 am    Post subject: Carnival of Busseto 2008 Reply with quote

Want to join me (and other 15000 people each day) for the Carnival of Busseto 2008?
here's the programme in English (PDF):

http://www.carnevaledibusseto.it/files/english_presentation.pdf

The Carnevale di Busseto is 127 years old, and last year it gathered 15000 people (coming from all Italy and from the neighbouring nations - esp. Switzerland) in each of the four Sundays of the event.
It is the paradise of the street photographer.

In the next days I hope to be FINALLY able to publish the series of my photos from last year's edition - I MUST do it before this year's Carnival begins!

The four Carnival Sundays this year are Jan.20, Jan.27, Feb. 3, Feb.10

I have a room for you to be my guest, and I can drive you to and from Busseto (about 30 km from here) but you must accept my stakanovist hours! In fact, for the Carnival, I leave home in the morning, before the event begins, and I come back when it's dark, spending all day outside in the winter temperatures. Take it or leave it! Very Happy

-

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No way to stay all day in cold ! Lol! Enjoy!

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:35 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Attila wrote:
No way to stay all day in cold ! Lol! Enjoy!

Well, you can find shelter in a Caffé or in a Pasticceria Wink

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 12:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Lot better Smile

PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 6:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just wish....

patrickh

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:08 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Weather forecast for Sunday : sunny Very Happy

-

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If I had no personal commitments, I would be on the jet on Friday!

I hope to see many images, Orio!

PostPosted: Mon Jan 14, 2008 9:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I was hoping to at least publich the images from last year before it begins, but have too much work Sad

PostPosted: Tue Jan 15, 2008 10:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I hope your Carnevale is different from our Karneval.
Because I hate the German Karneval: only drunk people in fancy dresses doing silly things, really.
No sense in there anymore!

PostPosted: Sun Jan 27, 2008 9:55 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

LucisPictor wrote:
I hope your Carnevale is different from our Karneval.
Because I hate the German Karneval: only drunk people in fancy dresses doing silly things, really.
No sense in there anymore!

Here the Carnevale is one of the few really popular festa that has survived. It is part of our popular culture. It was the main moment of socialization after a long winter of living at home - and it still is.
The popular character is visible in both the traditional masks that we have (every region has its own masks and characters). The popular roots are also visible in that the instruments of daily work are used to have fun - like the tractors - and the food is the popular food of each region - in this case, the wine, the cheese, the pork.
Every person is involved in the Carnevale. I remember when I was a little child, and there was no money to buy whole costumes in the shops, my grandmother and aunt used to make funny clothes for me. It is a festa that goes from age 1 to 99 - and the picture I posted of Evelina (97 years old) proves it Very Happy
However, children are the obvious kings of the Carnevale - and it makes sense: the Carnevale is the festa of the world upside down. So in a world where adults command, it's part of the revolutionary logic of the Carnevale that children are the protagonists.

It is really the most popular, peaceful and joyous festa that I can think of.

-