Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Lightroom - Any point?
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 7:54 pm    Post subject: Lightroom - Any point? Reply with quote

I have CS5, but keep hearing about how great Lightroom is. From the quick look I had at it, it seems like Bridge with a couple of extra features.

Am I missing something?

PostPosted: Wed Mar 07, 2012 11:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well, I find it very convenient for both editing and managing collections, but this is the type of things that depend a lot on individual preferences.
The Camera Raw module in Photoshop CS5 is quite much similar to Lightroom, Lightroom has some extra controls that I find useful but to be honest, probably not indispensable.
On the managing side, I find Lightroom much more efficient and faster than Bridge, which should be called "Traffic Bridge on a Monday morning at 8:00" Laughing

PostPosted: Thu Mar 08, 2012 8:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree with Orio. Lightroom does not in any way replace Photoshop, but it is good for dealing with batches of images and quickly getting a lot of work done. For the few images I do want to edit in Photoshop, it is as easy as selecting "Edit in Photoshop" in Lightroom.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 7:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks

I'm interested in what you say regarding batch management, as I really only use this to add keywords, add description and set WB. What facilities are better in Lightroom for batch managing?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 12, 2012 8:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I often edit just one image of a series of shots with the same subject and exposure, and then apply these settings to all shots in the series. I really don't fancy sitting around doing post processing, I prefer to actually shoot photos. For this purpose Lightroom shines in my opinion, but I'm sure Aperture (to name one) could be just as good.