Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

On the beach
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 4:59 am    Post subject: On the beach Reply with quote

Stormy sea pics are with Konica Hexanon 2.8/24, a pair of Hoya HDX4 filters and a CPL, landscapes are with Konica Zoom Hexanon 4/70-150. Stitched and HDR.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 6:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

as always... lovely. #6 for me please.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers Willem. 5 and 6 are taken from the same spot, 5 is facing south, 6 is facing north.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 8:52 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

very very nice!

Is it possible to stich pano in long exposure? like 10 or 30 secs on each frame?

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

A wow series I love them all!

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hoanpham wrote:
very very nice!

Is it possible to stich pano in long exposure? like 10 or 30 secs on each frame?

Yes, that is how I did the stormy sea pictures.

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 1:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I can see on the #3, about 3-5 sec. Looks like the waves still have dynamic. 20-30 sec would blurred out to be a thick mist.
Nice

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The number 6 is wonderful Very Happy

PostPosted: Fri Feb 17, 2012 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hoanpham wrote:
I can see on the #3, about 3-5 sec. Looks like the waves still have dynamic. 20-30 sec would blurred out to be a thick mist.
Nice

Yes, I think the longest exposure I was able to get was about 8 secs, even with the dull sunlight, two ND4 filters and a CPL, lens set to f16.

I actually planned to make the sea look like milk/fog as you say with a 20-30sec exposure but it didn't work. I need to get some stronger ND filters I think.

I have successfully stitched images of waterfalls/rivers with long exposures:

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 2:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

iangreenhalgh1 wrote:
Yes, I think the longest exposure I was able to get was about 8 secs, even with the dull sunlight, two ND4 filters and a CPL, lens set to f16.

Don't know if this place is conveniently located, but dusk or dawn is the poor man's ND filter Laughing

PostPosted: Sat Feb 18, 2012 7:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a really nice shot. I haven't had a problem with getting really nicely blurred water on fast moving rivers and waterfalls, it's just the sea that has given me problems, but with a bit more practice I'll crack it I hope.