Home

Please support mflenses.com if you need any graphic related work order it from us, click on above banner to order!

SearchSearch MemberlistMemberlist RegisterRegister ProfileProfile Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages Log inLog in

Sony SEL18-55 South Vietnam
View previous topic :: View next topic  

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 5:46 am    Post subject: Sony SEL18-55 South Vietnam Reply with quote

from my recent days around the Mekong delta in South Vietnam, taken with the 18-55mm kit lens on Sony NEX5N

btw. I simply love face detection! ( it's beyond me why any AF users would ridicule it )

best greetings,
Andreas

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 4:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

this is my fourth start to answer that post Rolling Eyes
always opened it and then a customer came in my shop, or i had to leave or, mflenses logged me out, or...

Andreas you don´t need face detection, even i agree it is a nic feature for AF - you are a face magnet, i´d like to see a competition between you and a 30000 faces database of japanes engineers - you for sure would win Smile

1, 2 and the little lady at the end are my favs

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 6:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thomas thank you very much for you kindest comment, makes me feel real good

wish you a very enjoyable day, best regards,
Andreas

PostPosted: Mon Feb 13, 2012 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

#7 is my fav.
But also #5 Laughing
#6: is the bottles alcohol drink? I cant see clearly what s inside.

You know how durian looks like dont you?

PostPosted: Tue Feb 14, 2012 3:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hoanpham wrote:
#7 is my fav.
But also #5 Laughing
#6: is the bottles alcohol drink? I cant see clearly what s inside.

You know how durian looks like dont you?

thank you Hoan!
the girl on #7... is the smaller of two sisters who sell lottery tickets outside the market. She must have been the youngest lottery ticket seller I have seen so far. Her looks and her timid closeness to me moved me very much.

#5..I had to ask what that graffiti meant, only now I know Laughing

#6 I think it is all soft drinks, no way to see the labels clearly, the sun was low and shining straight through the bottles

Of course I know Durian, ate the first one about 30 years ago! ( those one on the boat of #1 must be jackfruits, right? ) More importantly I know how they taste, because it pretty much is my favorite fruit!! Not so sure about the Durian candies and ice creams Wink
I had been thinking that the bad smell it is infamous for was a 'travel guide book myth' until I saw the signs in Singapore that it is prohibited and punishable to take them on a public train or bus. Since I love their taste I began to really like their smell!

best greetings,
Andreas

PostPosted: Wed Feb 15, 2012 8:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

#7: Last time I was in the Mekong delta area was 1990, last time in VN was 2007 but watching kids prevent me to take the same tour. I too had taken some pictures of these girls, same age, but in 1990. Your photo remains me alot from that time.

#5: I though you know the grafitti's meaning, and that's why you took the picture Laughing

#1: jack fruit, yes. Fruit came directly from the tree, not the branches. There are many different types, at least 7 as they told me, but I have tasted only 4 of them, I think. Last time in VN, I was bargained for fruit - speaking about 1/2 euro for 10-15 min, and I got the price I wanted. But I gave the lady who sells the fruits 2 euros tip at last. From that day, 10 days until I left, she came by the house before the market opened every day (5:30am), and offer her best fruits at the lowered price we agreed Cool

#6: I had some photos of liqueur/alcohol medical drink for men with many scary bugs and small animals: snakes, frogs, spiders, lizards, and some no name never seen before. I think now is forbidden, but both colorful and scary. A friend of mine bring a bottle back but he dropped on the tile floor at Changi airport - all these animals inside spread on the floor - you guess the rest.

and durian,
it is the best fruit in the world. For whom reading this and do not know: Life is not worth living without this fruit. My best tastes from Thailand, bangkok. There is a street in Singapore that sell durian openly, at least in 1990, where men and women in business black suits eating durian for lunch - a funny sight, (sorry)

I also spent 100 euros durian to bring it to my workplace in 2006, and still famous for that stunt Laughing